Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Resort Orlando Celebration almost Wow'd me

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10, 2015, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Gold elite here. Lets start with the pros and the size of this property. It was huge, and the front desk staff was nice and courteous. As a Gold, was given free welcome drinks, free breakfast voucher and a selection of welcome amenities that included chocolate truffles with wine, starbucks, or 2,000 points. For a small $9 resort fee they provide free internet (doesn't work too well at night, I guess due to too many people logged on) and shuttle to Epcot and Universal. Has a good pool with a slide and small kids play area that was next to a volleyball court. Cons. I ran into 3 different housekeeping and 2 maintenance personnel wearing the radisson uniform and none of them even tried to make eye contact or say hi. I ran into a small issue when my room key didnt work and housekeeping refused to help me citing security issues. Keep in mind that this is a huge property. I had the same issue in las vegas, and housekeeping simply called down to front desk to verify name of guest in the room and my ID. Here, i had to walk back to the lobby while my wife and 2 year old sat on the floor in front of our room. If the courteousness of the front desk could be displayed by all staff members, then this could turn out to be an awesome property. As it is, I would never return due to the size and other options nearby.
Old Jul 10, 2015, 8:38 pm

You don't like the property because it is too big?
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by guear
You don't like the property because it is too big?
I didn't read it as disliking the property because of the size, but, rather, explaining the inconvenience of having to go to the font desk when when the key didn't work.
Old Jul 11, 2015, 10:59 am

Housekeeping will not generally help with lock-out issues as it is a security issue but they should've called or radioed security for you vs you having to go back down. No house phones?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.