Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Rooms not available on Club Carlson Site : Forced to book through 3rd party

Rooms not available on Club Carlson Site : Forced to book through 3rd party

Old Jun 29, 2015, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam Silver, BA Bronze
Question Rooms not available on Club Carlson Site : Forced to book through 3rd party

Just a moan really. I need to book a room for just one night for a quick business trip to London.

Looked at the Kenilworth (stayed before, liked it), but CC site insists on minimum of 2 nights, even then at £229 per night excluding Breakfast.

I have therefore been forced to book through a third party (at £189 INC breakfast), but I guess i wont get any points or benefit (I am Gold CC holder)

I TOTALLY understand why CC wont honour anything (I didnt pay them), but it seems crazy that they are deliberately allowing rates to third parties when their own members would rather book direct (and they would have no margin to allow for)

Anyone agree, or am I being a bit "entitled" ?
Old Jun 29, 2015, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
Just out of curiousity: What third-party website are you looking at? It's not uncommon for third-party websites to purchase a certain number of rooms and try to re-sell them.

The hotel may assume it's fully booked while a third-party operator may still be trying to sell the rooms they purchased.

That being said, if you're referring to the "guaranteed room availability" for Gold members, my experience has been rather disappointing; Club Carlson / the hotel seem to claim "the date is blacked out" whenever it's convenient, thereby defeating the purpose of the benefit.
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skyteam Silver, BA Bronze
Cool

yeah, i agree

The third party was superbreak.com , but it doesnt appear that they block book in advance..

Just a bit frustrating...
Old Jun 30, 2015, 2:14 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Did you try the Friends and Family rate? Sometimes those avoid the two day stay requirement. No point accrual, though.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.