Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Backdated Avis car hire claim for club carlson

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Hi,
I have just returned from America and had a 6 day car hire but didn't mention my club Carlson membership number. Does anyone know if I can backdate that claim? Also if there would be any hope I could claim the bonus points that have been offer for rentals of 3 days or more?! Can't believe I have only just found out about these deals!
Also do you know how you claim points for enterprise car hire bookings is they are made via a company finance department? (Not third party website/organisation though)
Any help massively appreciated!
Old Jun 17, 2015, 6:25 am

I think for getting any promotional bonus you will need to hire the car using a special promotional rate which in most of the cases is quite expensive.

I think for retro register the base points for the rental you have to contact Avis:
http://www.avis.com/car-rental/conte...navId=T5M17S00

For company booked cars it depends what agreement your corporate travel agency has the car rental agency (as for airlines and hotels as well). For some, the rates will credit bonus points/miles for those reservations, some won't since it is part of the corporate discount program - and conveniently solves the taxable income issue...

Just try to retro register the rental, Avis will tell you if the rate was eligible for miles/points or not. See the note:

Please Note: Rewards program points will be awarded on eligible rentals. Miles may not be earned on certain corporate rates, discounts, free, tour or certain travel industry rates or on rentals at off airport locations.
Old Jun 17, 2015, 8:52 am
Original Poster

Thanks so much, thought as much about the special bonus points! Will get in touch with Avis. Do you happen to know if you can claim Avis points for more than one loyalty programme per rental?
Old Jun 17, 2015, 9:54 am

As far as I know you can only receive points in one program with Avis (also true for almost all others loyalty programs in the travel industry, with a very few exceptions which will credit points to one partner program and the own program)
Old Jun 24, 2015, 3:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UAMP S, TK M&S E (*G), Marriott LTP, IHG P, SK EBG
Did you put in your CC# when you book your car?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.