Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Property in Amsterdam?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:24 am

You are making me feel lucky because I booked the Blu for 50,000 points on the now expired 2nd night free deal for dates in 2016. I haven't stayed there before but to me it looked like the Vondelpark was in a newer, less atmospheric part of Amsterdam.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by Tizzette
You are making me feel lucky because I booked the Blu for 50,000 points on the now expired 2nd night free deal for dates in 2016. I haven't stayed there before but to me it looked like the Vondelpark was in a newer, less atmospheric part of Amsterdam.
do you wanna trasfer 2 nights (that maybe you will not use) to me and i transfer back 105.000 pts to your accounts?
Old Jun 9, 2015, 5:43 pm

Gonna use! Flights booked, too.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 9:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
are taxes included in your rewards nights? I mean, do you have to pay something (e.g. city tax, etc)?
Old Jun 12, 2015, 8:23 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tizzette
Gonna use! Flights booked, too.
have you ever been before in RB Amsterdam for an award night ?
Old Jun 13, 2015, 10:11 am

I was just at the RB Amsterdam for 4 nights, four rooms total. It was a very good experience, great location, very helpful staff (concierge was great at restaurant recs), good (albeit expensive) breakfast buffet, and a nice bar for late drinks. I have no idea where the other hotels are, but I was very pleased with the Blu and would happily stay there again.

Also, if you want some really good traditional Dutch food, we had a fantastic meal at Restaurant Greetje. Delicious food and a great waiter.
Old Jun 13, 2015, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
have you ever been before in RB Amsterdam for an award night ?
No.
Old Jun 14, 2015, 6:56 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dagaetch
I was just at the RB Amsterdam for 4 nights, four rooms total. It was a very good experience, great location, very helpful staff (concierge was great at restaurant recs), good (albeit expensive) breakfast buffet, and a nice bar for late drinks. I have no idea where the other hotels are, but I was very pleased with the Blu and would happily stay there again.

Also, if you want some really good traditional Dutch food, we had a fantastic meal at Restaurant Greetje. Delicious food and a great waiter.
Thanks. Any suggestion on a specific room/part of the hotel to require/avoid?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 1:41 pm

Thanks. Any suggestion on a specific room/part of the hotel to require/avoid?
I was on the 3rd floor, room seemed recently updated. Others on 1st floor had older rooms. Still perfectly nice and comfortable, just different decor and layout. Might be because I was Gold and they weren't?
Old Jun 14, 2015, 2:46 pm
Original Poster

I was on the 3rd floor, room seemed recently updated. Others on 1st floor had older rooms. Still perfectly nice and comfortable, just different decor and layout. Might be because I was Gold and they weren't?
Exactly!
Thanks
Old Jun 16, 2015, 9:39 am
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Generally you want to be in the second part of the hotel, accessed by an undeground walkway.

If in main building, higher floors are better.
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:49 pm
Original Poster

Thanks.
Just in case, is there also the availability of a place where to leave the car for free (street, parking,etc)?
Old Jun 16, 2015, 4:51 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Thanks.
Just in case, is there also the availability of a place where to leave the car for free (street, parking,etc)?
Not in this part of Amsterdam
Old Jun 18, 2015, 2:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Flying Blue Platinum, Hilton Diamond
It all depends on what you're wanting to get out from your vacation to Amsterdam. RB is certainly a nicer hotel but is in the middle of a very touristy area. You're about a 10 minute walk from Centraal station, red light district, China town plus close to the main shopping streets as well as Rembrandtplein and Nieuwmarkt.

Park Plaza Vondel is in a more surburban neighbourhood. It's got a number of bars and restaurants, mainly frequented by locals. The hotel isn't as nice RB but the location may suit you more. You are less than 5 minutes walk from the Vondelpark, Amsterdams largest park, as well as only 10-15 minutes walk from the Van Gogh museum, Rijksmuseum (museumplein), PC Hooftsraat (exclusive shopping area), Olympic stadium etc

The number 2 tram runs past the PP so you can get around easily - but to be fair Amsterdam is small enough that nothing is that far away.
Old Aug 27, 2015, 3:55 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I was just at the RB Amsterdam for 4 nights, four rooms total. It was a very good experience, great location, very helpful staff (concierge was great at restaurant recs), good (albeit expensive) breakfast buffet, and a nice bar for late drinks.
Could you elaborate on how expensive the breakfast buffet is, if you remember the price?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.