Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Hotel purposely is witholding award night bookings until June

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2015, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA

I'm trying to burn the last of my CC points before the free night/credit card benefit goes away. Next year, I will be in MSP and found the cheapest hotel on points to be the Park Plaza Bloomington at 15k, all others start at 28k and go up. So I want 2 nights at the 15k price. This hotel zeroed out all their 2016 availability so I emailed them to ask why. This is what I got.

Our point redemption level is in the process of changing. We should have them available to book by June 14th I have been informed. Please check back then to see if the dates you are looking for are available.
They are not on the list of changing hotels. http://www.clubcarlson.com/offers/7768765 Several hotels in MSP are but not this one.

Are they allowed to cheat people out of redeeming awards at current rates? Time is running out. I don't have enough points left for a 28k property and all we want is just a place to crash at night after being out and about all day. Can the Club Carlson hq force them to give availability?
Old May 28, 2015, 6:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
After emailing both the hotel and CC customer service, the hotel has released award space into 2016 and I booked the dates I wanted.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.