Search this Thread

Old May 4, 2015, 12:16 pm
dw
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Promo for Elites: 5k for Stay in June/July

In a CC newsletter I just received via e-mail:

"Earn 5k for Stays in June & July
You've worked hard all year, and you deserve a break. If you need an excuse to get away this summer, how about this limited time bonus offer? Book in May and earn 5,000 bonus Gold Points® for Eligible Stays June 1 through July 31, 2015 at your favorite Radisson Blu® hotels, or any Carlson Rezidor hotel worldwide."

T&C: "The 5K Elite Summer Bonus Point Promotion ("Promotion") is valid for 5,000 bonus Gold Points® ("Bonus Points") on each Eligible Stay booked between May 4, 2015 and May 31, 2015 and completed between June 1, 2015 and July 31, 2015. You must be a Club CarlsonSM Elite member at the time of reservation to participate in the Promotion. "Eligible Stay" is defined in the Club Carlson Terms and Conditions. Stays paid for using Points + Cash are not eligible for this Promotion."

Meh. After the devaluation announced this week, a 5k bonus isn't going to get me to switch any stays to CC.
Old May 4, 2015, 4:54 pm

Programs: AA, WN, BA, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Club Carlson Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Promo for Elites: 5k for Stay in June/July

Super stoked for this promo. The equivalent of 1k on Redbird and worth maybe $20 is going to swing some stays to CC. I love this scheme.
Old May 4, 2015, 6:57 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum, HHonors Diamond, DL Diamond Medallion
I won't take this 5000, even if 2-for-1 is still in place. 5000 is just pathetic.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 6:50 am

Programs: Delta DM, Hyatt Globalist
Did anyone get credit for this? I booked a stay on May 31 for early June and while the room points posted this bonus did not. Wondering if I need to follow-up or if this is one of those 4-6 weeks kind of things.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 10:00 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
Did anyone get credit for this? I booked a stay on May 31 for early June and while the room points posted this bonus did not. Wondering if I need to follow-up or if this is one of those 4-6 weeks kind of things.
consider that, for some strange reasons, everytime I've to follow-up my account activity because Carlson "forgets" to credit my points everytime....
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Billy Mumphrey
I never knew about this until 5K showed up in my account a few days ago from a 2night award booking.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 12:48 am

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I never knew about this until 5K showed up in my account a few days ago from a 2night award booking.
Without signing up for the promo? I did not sign up as I wasn't aware of the promo. Actually I'm pretty sure I never go a mail about it in the first place. I can't understand how I missed this one... had about 10 stays booked in May for June/Juli but besides the triple points I got zip. Extra 50k would be sweet.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 6:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by fassy
Without signing up for the promo? I did not sign up as I wasn't aware of the promo. Actually I'm pretty sure I never go a mail about it in the first place. I can't understand how I missed this one... had about 10 stays booked in May for June/Juli but besides the triple points I got zip. Extra 50k would be sweet.
I'll admit to having signed up for a few things but don't remember this specifically. Perhaps I did.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 5:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA:EXP/1MM. Accor/Radisson:Silver; HH:Gold; ICH:Plt Amb.
I just received an e-mail from CC stating that I would receive 20K bonus points for any 5-night stay completed before the end of July. It said that no registration was necessary. And made it seem that it only applied once. Moreover, C&P rates and award nights did not qualify.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 5:41 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hertz President's Circle, UA Silver, Mobile Passport Unobtanium
This promo sounds as if it might be targeted...I haven't received an email offer nor can I find this promo on the website.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 1:14 am

Hmmm, 5 nights are steep. 4 nights are doable for the regular business traveler, so I guess they are targeting leisure travelers here. Didn't get the promo either.
Old Jun 21, 2015, 8:37 pm

I definitely did not sign up, but I did get the points on a 2 night reward stay. Sort of made up for the fact that the hotel refused delivery on a credit card being sent there (an earlier failed delivery to my home required a creative approach to attempt to get it in time, didn't happen).
Old Jun 22, 2015, 2:35 am

Still nothing for me.

Probably targeted?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.