Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CC credit card worth it?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 11, 2015, 9:03 am
Original Poster

CC credit card worth it?

So there's announcement of losing the 2nd night free. With that in mind and assuming one downgrades to their no annual fee card that earns 1pt per cent, is it a no brainer then that CC is no longer worth it?

I've never set foot in a CC, but from what I read, if you had a choice of a "run of the mill CC property" vs "run of the mill hilton/marriott/IHC" would one usually choose the latter?
Old Apr 13, 2015, 8:47 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
While I am not happy with the downgrade, I still feel the 40K points upon renewal more than pays for the annual fee on the card.
Old Apr 13, 2015, 9:04 am

Programs: LFFRS BOD
I was only able to get the 25,000 renewal bonus points each year when you renew your card even after calling them to have them re-evaluate my application.

I purposely got the card for our upcoming trip to Iceland, I had also planned for my husband to get the card but opted instead for him to get the Barclays A+ Arrival card for a second time which gave us $500 back.

Depending on the outcome of our stay and possible charges to trigger the 30k bonus I doubt that I will keep it.

I don't plan on heading out to Europe again and I am not familiar with the other US hotel properties.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.