Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Is Bonus Award Night going away on June 1st, 2015?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 3, 2015, 12:41 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
On April 3, 2015 Club Carlson members with the US Bank Visa card received an email confirming that the "Bonus Award Night" feature is being withdrawn on June 1, 2015. Quoting from the email:

Beginning June 1, 2015, you can earn a Free Night, good at any Carlson Rezidor hotel in the U.S. This Free Night will replace the current Bonus Award Night benefit. Bonus Award Night stays may not be booked after June 1, 2015. You'll receive the new Free Night award upon renewal of your card after an annual spend of $10,000. Updated program terms and conditions will apply and be available on June 1, 2015.

Some recipients (but apparently not all, see below) also received a consolation offer in the same email:

[...] to thank you for your continued loyalty, you can earn 30,000 bonus Gold Points® on your next Eligible Stay at a Carlson Rezidor hotel worldwide when you pay with your Club CarlsonSM Visa®. Offer ends August 31, 2015. Terms and conditions apply.

ClubCarlson's Twitter feed claims the 30,000 bonus Gold Points offer for next stay is available to all cardholders. (source: https://twitter.com/clubcarlson/stat...92110149791744)

Complaints regarding this "enhancement" can be directed here:

+1 (888) 288 8889-- USA number

https://www.facebook.com/clubcarlson?fref=ts

or https://twitter.com/clubcarlson
Print Wikipost

Is Bonus Award Night going away on June 1st, 2015?

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2015, 8:59 pm

"ANY RESERVATION WITH AN INVALID AND/OR DECLINED CREDIT CARD THAT DOES NOT SATISFY BOOKING REQUIREMENTS WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE CANCELLED.
VEHICLES MUST BE REMOVED FROM VALET PARKING BY 4PM ON DAY OF CHECK OUT TO AVOID AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE"

Anybody know what this means? My card was cancelled a few months ago but they still are allowing me to book the buy 1 get 1 night. Will this be an issue when I show up at the hotel?
Old May 28, 2015, 10:00 pm

Programs: UA/AA
Should not be a problem as long as you provided a currently valid credit card when making your reservation. It is not a requirement to use a CC visa.
Did you use the cancelled card when making your reservation? If so, you may want to update it with a valid card.
Old May 29, 2015, 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
Should not be a problem as long as you provided a currently valid credit card when making your reservation. It is not a requirement to use a CC visa.
Did you use the cancelled card when making your reservation? If so, you may want to update it with a valid card.
HMMM it never gave me an option on what credit card to use. It just had me guarantee the room to my account. I'm assuming I just need to bring a valid CC when I get there for the $2 fee?
Old May 29, 2015, 1:22 pm

Programs: UA*G, TK*G, Priority Club Platinum
Just another data point here: I called US Bank to complain about the loss of this major card benefit, who claimed that it was Club Carlson's decision to pull that perk. (Which I find odd given that it's a perk of the credit card.) So I called them to complain and ask if there is any compensation. Both times nothing. Zero. Nil.

I understand that most people in here are largely beyond this stage now but I think it's really disappointing that they change the major perk of the card during the cardmember year. I just paid my AF three months ago, and even if I closed the card now, the AF wouldn't be (partially) refunded.

Feels like bait and switch to me.
Old May 29, 2015, 2:24 pm
Moderator: Travel Buzz

Originally Posted by petzpanz
Just another data point here: I called US Bank to complain about the loss of this major card benefit, who claimed that it was Club Carlson's decision to pull that perk. (Which I find odd given that it's a perk of the credit card.) So I called them to complain and ask if there is any compensation. Both times nothing. Zero. Nil.

I understand that most people in here are largely beyond this stage now but I think it's really disappointing that they change the major perk of the card during the cardmember year. I just paid my AF three months ago, and even if I closed the card now, the AF wouldn't be (partially) refunded.

Feels like bait and switch to me.
I think someone linked the Better Business Bureau contact information. I added the facebook and twitter links. Your complaint is valid. You are preaching to the choir here, we feel your pain!
Old May 29, 2015, 2:40 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Charbucks
"ANY RESERVATION WITH AN INVALID AND/OR DECLINED CREDIT CARD THAT DOES NOT SATISFY BOOKING REQUIREMENTS WILL AUTOMATICALLY BE CANCELLED.
VEHICLES MUST BE REMOVED FROM VALET PARKING BY 4PM ON DAY OF CHECK OUT TO AVOID AN ADDITIONAL CHARGE"

Anybody know what this means? My card was cancelled a few months ago but they still are allowing me to book the buy 1 get 1 night. Will this be an issue when I show up at the hotel?
Hopefully.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.