Search

Orlando Suggestions

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2015, 3:18 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Orlando Suggestions

Hi - I am doing my first visit to Orlando this summer with Wife and kids (8/11).

We will be staying in a villa for most of our stay near the the theme parks etc but have a few days either side that we will be staying in Orlando (or near by)

I am going to burn a few club carlson points on the stay.

Can anyone suggest what would be the best property for a family stay?

the two I am looking at are

Radisson Hotel Orlando - Lake Buena Vista
and
Radisson Hotel Orlando - UCF Area
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:47 pm

Programs: Amex Plat, AA, BA Silver, Marriott Plat, Choice Gold, HHonors Gold, IHG Diamond
UCF is a good distance away from the Disney and non-Disney (Universal/Sea World) attractions in Orlando. For a general trip to Orlando, UCF might be fine, but if you're at all thinking of using these extra days to go to non-Disney attractions, I'd skip UCF and go Lake Buena Vista or the Park Inn Radisson Resort & Conference Center Orlando in Kissimmee, if available.

Keep in mind that Radissons in the US are generally not as good as those in Europe and that I-4 traffic through Orlando is a major consideration because of the massive delays you might encounter, even outside of morning and afternoon rush hours.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 9:51 pm

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I am not a Radisson fan, but the Radisson Hotel Celebration is not a bad property, I believe it just recently completed renovation. LBV seems nice as well, and also the Park Inn Kissimmee. All are convenient to the Disney parks.
Old Mar 21, 2015, 10:28 pm

I'd definitively cross the UCF location off your list. Unless you're saving hundreds of dollars, it's not worth the hassle.

Also, I-4 from Kirkman Rd (the Universal exit) to the Altamonte area will be getting a $2.3 billion dollar facelift over 6+ years. The state website says construction began in February 2015, but locals might know more about when each section of the road might be affected.

http://i4ultimate.com/
Old Mar 22, 2015, 3:14 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.

There is availability in both Lake Buena Vista and Kissimmee.

What we would like is

- Nice pool
- Good location (does not need to be near parks)
- best quality

Would people choose Kissimmee or Lake Buena Vista for a few days?
Old Mar 22, 2015, 6:32 am

Programs: DL-DM/1MM, HILTON-DIA, .HYATT-DIA/GLOB , IHG-PLT,HERTZ 5*, NATIONAL ES
I find the Kissimmee location nicer. LBV is at a busy intersection and while being closer to Downtown. Disney, traffic there can be horrendous.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 7:01 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Crazyhotelguy
I find the Kissimmee location nicer. LBV is at a busy intersection and while being closer to Downtown. Disney, traffic there can be horrendous.
Thanks, that's helpful

Tripadvisor reviews are brutal in places though
Old Mar 22, 2015, 9:30 am

I can't speak to either one, but would choose the Kissimmee/Celebration location over the Lake Buena Vista location based on traffic alone.
Old Mar 22, 2015, 10:57 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jabbered
I can't speak to either one, but would choose the Kissimmee/Celebration location over the Lake Buena Vista location based on traffic alone.
That's super helpful, thanks
Old Mar 23, 2015, 6:08 am

I think both those locations charge a resort fee. (tho on points stay, you might not have to pay it) I stayed at Country Inn Suites right by Universal Studios and I-Drive and enjoyed my stay there. But between the two, avoid UCF as it's quite far from the tourist attractions.
Old Mar 23, 2015, 10:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tsmith12
I think both those locations charge a resort fee. (tho on points stay, you might not have to pay it) I stayed at Country Inn Suites right by Universal Studios and I-Drive and enjoyed my stay there. But between the two, avoid UCF as it's quite far from the tourist attractions.
kissimmee - does indeed have a resort fee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.