Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Issue with points purchase and automatic conversion to miles

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 7, 2015, 12:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold

Guys, I'm new to Club Carlson and would be extremely grateful if you could give me some even brief advice.

I purchased 20,000 Club Carlson Gold Points for $70 in December, which I intended to use to book an award night. I had signed up a long time ago, setting my earning preference to US Airways miles. No warning messages were displayed at time of purchase and, being unfamiliar with their program, it didn't occur to me that the automatic conversion from points to miles would apply to purchased points, too. Unfortunately, that's exactly what happened: all of my points were converted to 2,000 US Airways miles.

I contacted Club Carlson customer service via email when the conversion process had just started, but to no avail: they said there is no reversal method. I’d be grateful to receive your input: is there any way I can get my points back? Also, does Club Carlson have a company rep active here on FlyerTalk?

Thank you for your kind help!
Old Feb 8, 2015, 8:46 am
Flyertalk Evangelist and Moderator: Coupon Connection and Travel Products

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum Elite, Hyatt Discoverist, Radisson Elite
No active representative here on Flyertalk.

I believe you might be out of luck... I believe the website states that if you change your earning preference to miles.... that all points that come into the account will be converted to miles.... regardless of the source.

You have to be sure to change the conversion back to points before purchasing if you truly want the CC points in your account.

You may find an agent make an exception... but I doubt it... sounds like the miles are in your account.
Old Feb 12, 2015, 3:20 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
Wharvey, thank you so much for your kind advice!

Yes, the miles are already in my US Airways account.
The conversion process takes 5 business days and had just started when I contacted customer service, but they were not able to stop it.

Unfortunately, I had signed up a long time ago and did not remember about the automatic conversion. My bad, of course, even if I think they might display a brief warning message at time of purchase.

Thank you again for your kind help!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.