Search

Early account reset?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5, 2015, 1:27 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Early account reset?

I am Gold and recently passed 35 nights this year to retain Gold. My account year end is February but when I log into Club Carlson I am shown as Red with no stays.

Have they reset my earning period early or something more sinister?
Old Jan 5, 2015, 5:16 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
Your counters should have reset, as that happens at the start of each calendar year, but your status shown to the left of the elite progress indicators should have updated to reflect your requalification for Gold... here's my account for example:

The elite progress chart is supposed to be back at red (unless you've had rollover nights), but your status at the side should reflect your earnings.

If not, then email [email protected] and ask - they're fairly knowledgable and should be able to sort it.

Also bear in mind if you have elite status with another chain, Carlson will re-match every year.

Last edited by hcuk94; Jan 5, 2015 at 5:18 pm Reason: Resized image.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:34 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Thanks - have emailed CC

Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:06 am

That is odd - hopefully they can sort it out though.

Let us know how you get on.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:14 am

Programs: Cathy Pacific (0.13mil)
Originally Posted by hcuk94

Also bear in mind if you have elite status with another chain, Carlson will re-match every year.
They do? So as long as I maintain my SPG Gold, CC will re match me every year?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:24 am

Originally Posted by MattSurridge
They do? So as long as I maintain my SPG Gold, CC will re match me every year?
Yep - it's somewhat undocumented and I'm not sure of the intricacies - but if you email them they tend to have no problem re-matching.

They've happily re-matched from IHG Platinum to Carlson Gold for me before - and I'm pretty sure they'll do it even if you've stayed very little/not at all.

If they've status matched you from SPG before, you should be able to match again each year following.. until they realise how crazy it is and stop doing it

Just email in with updated proof of your rival status.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:27 am

Programs: Cathy Pacific (0.13mil)
Wow, they must be desperate!
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:55 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Dear David,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

I have escalated your account to my supervisor for further review. We
will be in contact as soon as we receive any updates.

Thank you for your patience while we research this.
the wait continues
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:49 pm

Your counters should have reset, as that happens at the start of each calendar year, but your status shown to the left of the elite progress indicators should have updated to reflect your requalification for Gold... here's my account for example:

The elite progress chart is supposed to be back at red (unless you've had rollover nights), but your status at the side should reflect your earnings.

If not, then email [email protected] and ask - they're fairly knowledgable and should be able to sort it.

HCUK, being nosey but how come your status shows expiry Feb 2017?
My current page says gold until Feb 15, and effective March 15
Old Jan 6, 2015, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by trvllvr123
HCUK, being nosey but how come your status shows expiry Feb 2017?
My current page says gold until Feb 15, and effective March 15
I honestly have no idea.. either something went wrong or I've been deemed so special I should have 2 year long elite years..

I'm not complaining anyway..
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:07 pm

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
I requalified for Gold last year, but my account page still says my status expires Feb. 2015?

Also, about the match, I'm SPG Plat (100), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, LHW Unlimited, IC RA Plat.

Will they match any of that to Concierge?
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:12 pm

Originally Posted by Football Fan
I requalified for Gold last year, but my account page still says my status expires Feb. 2015?

Also, about the match, I'm SPG Plat (100), HH Diamond, Hyatt Diamond, LHW Unlimited, IC RA Plat.

Will they match any of that to Concierge?
It might update in March after your current year expires - but might be worth emailing them and asking anyway.

It's not possible to be matched to Concierge. They will match top tier with other brands to Gold, and 2nd tier to Silver. Concierge is only attainable by spending half your life in Carlson hotels.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:26 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
My counters have set to zero, but I still have Gold status despite only 15 nights last year. (and it says valid till feb-2016)
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:10 am
Suspended
Original Poster

My issue is resolved. I am back as Gold

The problem was that Platinum Amex had created two additional accounts with same email address etc.

These accounts are created with a special code which means that you can call CC and they will upgrade your account to Gold anytime in the future.

Those accounts were closed for me and a com note placed on my account saying that I should be upgraded to Gold if I call.

They did not merge my accounts as I have three outstanding redemptions.

Awesome customer service.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 10:34 am

Programs: LH HON,BA GGL GfL,Hyatt LT Glob,Mrtt LT P,Hilt LT D,IC Amb,Acc P,GHA Tit,LHW Strlg,Sixt/Av/Hz D/Pres
It might update in March after your current year expires - but might be worth emailing them and asking anyway.
That was their (quick) answer. Seems unusual to me, though, especially as others show their new expiration date correctly, and no other hotel program handles it that way. I guess I will see in March.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.