Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Q1 2015 Promo: 30K point for each Stay of 3+ nights. 15K for each stay of 2 nights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Q1 2015 Promo: 30K point for each Stay of 3+ nights. 15K for each stay of 2 nights

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2015, 12:02 pm

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by kharlamov
Just spoke with a Club Carlson customer service representative. She informed me that each Club Carlson member can only receive one award under this promotion, meaning that it's not possible to accumulate more than 30,000 points. She also told me that all hotels are participating in this promotion.
Well, CC representatives are the among the most misinformed in the industry. Blatantly LIED to me more than once.

Also, the T&C is clear:

Kick off 2015 with up to 30,000 bonus Gold Points per Eligible Stay! Register for the “Extend Your Stay, Earn 30K” promotion and you can earn 30,000 bonus Gold Points for each Eligible Stay of 3+ nights or 15,000 bonus Gold Points for each 2-night Eligible Stay at more than 1,000 Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide. Register today to take advantage of this rich offer exclusive to Club CarlsonSM members.

If they want to give only 30k points, fine with me, but I suggest they change their own T&Cs.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by murilix
Well, CC representatives are the among the most misinformed in the industry. Blatantly LIED to me more than once.

Also, the T&C is clear:

Kick off 2015 with up to 30,000 bonus Gold Points per Eligible Stay! Register for the “Extend Your Stay, Earn 30K” promotion and you can earn 30,000 bonus Gold Points for each Eligible Stay of 3+ nights or 15,000 bonus Gold Points for each 2-night Eligible Stay at more than 1,000 Carlson Rezidor hotels worldwide. Register today to take advantage of this rich offer exclusive to Club CarlsonSM members.

If they want to give only 30k points, fine with me, but I suggest they change their own T&Cs.
You're correct that many CSRs are uninformed. I would trust the T&Cs over any information or promises from CSRs.

As much as I find this offer to be appealing, I decided to go with Marriott over Carlson for a 5-6 night trip at the end of January because of the information provided to me by the CC CSR. Rather than booking a 6 night trip of 3 nights each at 2 Carlson properties in the same area, I booked a 5 night trip with a stay at a single Marriott property even though Marriott doesn't have any eligible promotions during the last week of January.

I should have read the T&Cs of the CC offer more closely before booking my plane tickets rather than relying on the information from the CC CSR. I could change my hotel reservations without penalty, although the CC property isn't a corporate approved hotel and the Marriott is. Of course, I could probably cancel the Marriott reservation and book the CC property outside of our corporate travel application without raising any red flags.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 11:24 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
This looks to be after all the best promo for early 2015 as my IHG promo offer is unachievable.
Will try at least one 2-4-1 rate and report back...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:02 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Silver, IHG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Will this work with the "Stay 2, 35%" promo? I have a few 2-night stays lined up for the first 2 weekends in February...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 9:46 am

Programs: A3 Gold
Originally Posted by butta1898
Will this work with the "Stay 2, 35%" promo? I have a few 2-night stays lined up for the first 2 weekends in February...
It should work, as any point earning stay (except points+cash redemptions) should.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:24 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
Glad I read this thread as I never would have known via CC communication

but this is a good one

what is the max amount of points that I can get out of this promo?

i just need to find another 3 night stay during this period.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:41 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
well, i've a 5 nights stay that begin on sunday 11/1, do i qualify for it?

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Jan 9, 2015 at 5:54 am
Old Jan 9, 2015, 6:29 am

Programs: DL Silver, HH Silver, IHG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
well, i've a 5 nights stay that begin on sunday 11/1, do i qualify for it?
I wouldn't think so, but others may have more insight. From reading the initial post the promo ends on 3/29/15. Unless that is a typo, November 1st check in would definitely miss the mark.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:31 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by TrojanHorse
Glad I read this thread as I never would have known via CC communication

+1.
Usually I get the promos to my e-mail, but this time I haven't got any and would have probably missed on this one if not reading FT. ^
Old Jan 9, 2015, 7:41 am

which promo is that?
Old Jan 9, 2015, 5:02 pm

I wouldn't think so, but others may have more insight. From reading the initial post the promo ends on 3/29/15. Unless that is a typo, November 1st check in would definitely miss the mark.
11/1 meant Sunday 11 January, not November 1st. A 5 night stay starting on 11 January 2015 would check out during the promotion period, but would not check in during the promotion period. Would it qualify for the promo bonus points? Alas, I have the same question / situation, and don't know the answer.
Old Jan 9, 2015, 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by starflyer
11/1 meant Sunday 11 January, not November 1st. A 5 night stay starting on 11 January 2015 would check out during the promotion period, but would not check in during the promotion period. Would it qualify for the promo bonus points? Alas, I have the same question / situation, and don't know the answer.
Not likely. Stay needs to start on 1/12.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 2:58 am

Programs: UA/AA
I realize this may be inconvenient but you could rebook your reservation for a one night stay followed by a four night stay beginning on the 12th of January, or stay at another location on the 11th to avoid any conflict with the t&c , then begin your stay on the 12th in order to qualify for the bonus points.
A bit of a PIA but maybe worth doing.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:30 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by tsmith12
Not likely. Stay needs to start on 1/12.
Originally Posted by Paiteaw
I realize this may be inconvenient but you could rebook your reservation for a one night stay followed by a four night stay beginning on the 12th of January, or stay at another location on the 11th to avoid any conflict with the t&c , then begin your stay on the 12th in order to qualify for the bonus points.
A bit of a PIA but maybe worth doing.
Damn, that's incredible!
I've a stay which starts on 11/1 and ends on 16/1 that exceeds the 3-nights for 30.000 pts and probably I will not qualify for the promo.
Old Jan 10, 2015, 4:58 am

Programs: UA/AA
If you really want the points , try to redo your hotel bookings to comply with the t&c of the offer. You still have time to rearrange your stays. Up to you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.