Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Using free night benefit w friends cc acct?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:53 am
Original Poster

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
Using free night benefit w friends cc acct?

Hi I am trying to book 4 nights using 1+1 w my cc and another 1+1 w my friends cc account. I know the T&Cs says primary card holder must be present but is this rule enforced? If I am a guest listed on the booking couldn't I check in? This is in Dubai at the royal radisson. Experiences? Anyone ever been refused? Many thanks.
Old Dec 30, 2014, 6:22 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by fulthrust7
Hi I am trying to book 4 nights using 1+1 w my cc and another 1+1 w my friends cc account. I know the T&Cs says primary card holder must be present but is this rule enforced? If I am a guest listed on the booking couldn't I check in? This is in Dubai at the royal radisson. Experiences? Anyone ever been refused? Many thanks.
I take it you got in on the EY deal. How about your friend transfer the points to your account and you do 2 back to back bookings on your own account. There is free transfer of points between accounts. Typically hotels tend to be picky on free nights and always check for credentials.

Last edited by arollins; Dec 30, 2014 at 6:30 am
Old Dec 30, 2014, 8:52 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by arollins
I take it you got in on the EY deal. How about your friend transfer the points to your account and you do 2 back to back bookings on your own account. There is free transfer of points between accounts. Typically hotels tend to be picky on free nights and always check for credentials.
The second of 2 back-to-back reservations from the same account will not get the last night free benefit of the Club Carlson Credit Card (unless there is another reservation in between or the reservations are spaced apart or they are from different accounts).
Old Dec 30, 2014, 1:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: United, AA, Avianca
Originally Posted by arollins
Yup, sure did! Yes as the poster above noted, can't have back to back reservations at the same property (in attempts to get 2 free nights).
Old Jan 2, 2015, 6:28 pm

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Yup, sure did! Yes as the poster above noted, can't have back to back reservations at the same property (in attempts to get 2 free nights).
My bad, I forgot about that. My wife and I are CC members and both have the credit card, that is how we do the back 2 back reservations.
Old Jan 11, 2015, 9:36 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Have your friend add you as a registered guest on the second block of nights. It is a gamble, I would not do it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.