Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Fisherman's Wharf leaving Radisson.

Search this Thread

Old Apr 12, 2015, 8:49 am
Suspended

Might be worthwhile for someone to book a reward reservation and then contact the hotel to see if they will honor the 2 night reward reservation.

If one can get it in writing, this might be an even more worthwhile use of points as it apparently is becoming some sort of boutique hotel.

Thank you soitgoes as I had thought that this already had dropped off the list!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 12:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat, Club Carlson Gold, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold
Looks like the last date bookable on points and to take advantage of bonus night is June 4 checking out June 6 .

Last edited by Namaste1; Apr 14, 2015 at 12:31 pm
Old Apr 14, 2015, 6:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by NJUPINTHEAIR
If one can get it in writing, this might be an even more worthwhile use of points as it apparently is becoming some sort of boutique hotel.
I have a booking for this Fall at the hotel. I had tried booking online, but only saw availability through June 4. Since they were still selling cash rooms, I called CC to see about any possibility for an award redemption. The rep called the hotel and got authorization for a points booking override. I was told that I would not be able to change the dates of the booking. (Standard 24 hour cancel policy, though.)

I'll report back this Fall!
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:18 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by soitgoes
I have a booking for this Fall at the hotel. I had tried booking online, but only saw availability through June 4. Since they were still selling cash rooms, I called CC to see about any possibility for an award redemption. The rep called the hotel and got authorization for a points booking override. I was told that I would not be able to change the dates of the booking. (Standard 24 hour cancel policy, though.)

That is great news!

I hope you got the name of the CC rep, etc., but even not, I would call the hotel, confirm what you were told and get the name of that rep, etc. and you should be good to go!!! ^
Old Apr 14, 2015, 8:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That is great news!

I hope you got the name of the CC rep, etc., but even not, I would call the hotel, confirm what you were told and get the name of that rep, etc. and you should be good to go!!! ^
I have my records (and the name of the hotel rep). The email confirmation is pretty solid, too. I don't know what CC status quo is for properties leaving after award bookings are made--IHG sometimes honors, sometimes doesn't, depending on property.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 5:02 am
Suspended

I have my records (and the name of the hotel rep). The email confirmation is pretty solid, too. I don't know what CC status quo is for properties leaving after award bookings are made--IHG sometimes honors, sometimes doesn't, depending on property.
That sounds more than sufficient, and a good job of obtaining those references.

I don't expect you will have any trouble and it seems that this hotel wants to build a good name for itself by getting in travelers who can spread the word. It would appear that their start-up phase includes taking a hit on up-front earnings to build that buzz.

Enjoy your vacation and others should replicate your actions if they desire a SF vacay before year end.
Old Apr 15, 2015, 6:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

That sounds more than sufficient, and a good job of obtaining those references.

I don't expect you will have any trouble and it seems that this hotel wants to build a good name for itself by getting in travelers who can spread the word. It would appear that their start-up phase includes taking a hit on up-front earnings to build that buzz.
It's changing flags, but not ownership or management, so hopefully all will be well. I think it will. And if not, no big deal; I'm sure I'll get my points back.
Old May 8, 2015, 1:16 pm

I did this as well. Staying 3 nights 9/25-9/27. Had to call in as well and same thing happened.

Cost me 100k points but got 3rd night free.

Never been here, so me and my chick are SUPER excited about this trip.

Last edited by riversidetom; Jul 1, 2015 at 9:59 am
Old May 8, 2015, 1:26 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, TK Gold
[QUOTE=riversidetom;24786764Never been here, so me and by chick are SUPER excited about this trip.[/QUOTE]

Not to put a damper on your plans but you might contain your excitement.

I have stayed there in January while the renovation were going on (not by choice, but that was what available on short notice). The one thing going on for the hotel it the location (although in the morning the area is completely dead). Other than that it was hard pressed to understand why this is a Radisson and not Country Inn (probably because they do not have a restaurant on site). Most definitely is not worth 50,000 points a night (but then again, neither is the NYC one).
Old May 8, 2015, 1:39 pm

Originally Posted by MD/DC Flyer
Not to put a damper on your plans but you might contain your excitement.

I have stayed there in January while the renovation were going on (not by choice, but that was what available on short notice). The one thing going on for the hotel it the location (although in the morning the area is completely dead). Other than that it was hard pressed to understand why this is a Radisson and not Country Inn (probably because they do not have a restaurant on site). Most definitely is not worth 50,000 points a night (but then again, neither is the NYC one).
Fair enough and point taken. But as we all know, the points need to be burned and at least I got the 3rd night free.

Hoping by end of September that most or all of the renovation has been completed.

More excited about my first trip to SF and the proximity that this property is to many of the sites I want to see. We typically don't spend much time in the room anyway.
Old May 9, 2015, 10:05 am

Programs: AerClub Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, Hhonors Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hotels.com Gold, BA blue
Originally Posted by riversidetom
I did this as well. Staying 3 nights 9/25-9/27. Had to call in as well and same thing happened.

Cost me 100k points but got 3rd night free.

Never been here, so me and by chick are SUPER excited about this trip.
When did you make the reservation?

I called CC in Feb to see if I could get 2 award nights in late June and the rep said he couldn't help me as there were only nights available up until June 4th so I left it at that.
Old May 9, 2015, 11:17 am

Originally Posted by paulieccc
When did you make the reservation?

I called CC in Feb to see if I could get 2 award nights in late June and the rep said he couldn't help me as there were only nights available up until June 4th so I left it at that.
This past week. Mon or Tues.
Old May 10, 2015, 8:09 am

Programs: AerClub Platinum, ClubCarlson Gold, Hhonors Silver, IHG Spire Elite, Hotels.com Gold, BA blue
Originally Posted by riversidetom
This past week. Mon or Tues.
Oh wow. Nice one.
I'm going to have to call them back tomorrow and see if I can get a more helpful rep.
Old May 12, 2015, 7:03 am

Called again today and got refused point blank. She said asking for a points override was not something Club Carlson do.
Old Jun 29, 2015, 10:36 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
Made a reservation at this hotel in May for July. Reservation notes POINTS OVERRIDE, but that was also before the Club Carlson site said that this hotel was no longer affiliated with Radisson. Called the hotel, which sent me to central reservations, which said my reservation would not be honored and that I should call the hotel. I had spoken to somebody directly affiliated with the hotel, so hoping that contacting them will clear it up, but if this isn't honored, I'm going to be upset - was never even contacted by Club Carlson or the hotel to note that it might not be honored.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.