Community
Wiki Posts
Search

CC Renewal - Keep Personal or Biz?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 7, 2014, 9:09 am
Original Poster

CC Renewal - Keep Personal or Biz?

I have the Club Carlson Personal (Visa Signature) and Business (Visa Business) cards, mainly for stay one night/get one free benefit; since I can only use once per stay having two cards in my name doesn't enhance the benefit. (My husband also has the personal card so that's worthy because we could get four consecutive nights.) For the personal card US Bank said the AF is $75 and get 40K points. For Biz they said AF is $60 and get 40K points. The points at renewal are nice but not worth the $. Seems a no brainer that the Biz would be a better card to keep for the sake of saving $15, but I just want to make sure I'm not missing something? Thanks!
Old Dec 7, 2014, 2:51 pm

Just a couple of thoughts. $75 for 40,000 points seems to me to be worth it as you would be paying less than 2/10 cents per point and you would have a tough time finding a way to redeem for less than that.
Second, if you have a business card and a personal card, then you would also have two club Carlson accounts, one for you as you, and one for you as your business, which means that you can book alternating 2 night stays with each of your accounts and get every second night free forever, even without your husband using his account.
These are essentially the two reasons that I am going to continue to keep both, although I do value the business one a bit higher because there are few or no other business cards that reward everyday spend as well as the club Carlson one does (I value club Carlson points at about half a cent each without the second night free and close to a penny apiece with the benefit)
Old Dec 7, 2014, 3:05 pm
Original Poster

oh my gosh, thank you farnorthtrader. I really had my math mixed up on the cost per point, somehow I figured it was close to two cents per. Secondly I had no idea that each card would have a separate club carlson account and earn its own last night free, although as far as I know I only have one club carlson account. I think I should call and get a separate club carlson account set up for the biz card, so at least going forward I can earn points into it and get free nights, right?
Old Dec 7, 2014, 4:22 pm
Original Poster

Well this is incredible. I looked thru my loyalty cards and was able to find my business club carlson account number, and then could log into that account. (When the card came in the mail I just assumed it was my regular account card and threw it in the box). Unbeknownst to me I have 105K points sitting there! Good stuff indeed. Thanks again.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 7:39 pm

Smile

Glad to be of assistance, enjoy your new found riches!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.