Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2014, 8:04 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond
Radisson Blu Port Elizabeth, South Africa

Anyone stay here or have a trip report? Search returns no results.

With the Hyatt Oubaai no longer being a Hyatt as of 11/30/14, this Radisson looks interesting and in a nice area.
Old Sep 24, 2017, 5:52 pm
Community Director Emerita

Can anyone report on this hotel?
uggboy likes this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 9:26 am

Programs: Priority Club Platinum, Skywards Gold, BAEC Silver, SAA Voyager
I stayed for 3 nights in May 2017. The Hotel is located at the far end of the beach road in a quiet area. The rooms have stunning views. I highly recommend the hotel restaurant, and bar area. Prices are quite reasonable, and you have easy access to all the main tourist and business areas of PE. In summary I recommend the property!
SanDiego1K and uggboy like this.
Old Sep 25, 2017, 10:37 am

Thank you, tgsh2006. I've gone ahead and booked it. I had initially intended to stay at the Protea hotel, just a short distance away. It's very affordable with Marriott points but just got a harsh review in the Marriott forum. This property sounds far more appealing.
Old Sep 27, 2017, 10:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC Super Elite, Radisson Platinum, Accor Platinum
It looks like a nice property. Would you be able to comment on whether the rooms have a private balcony?

Some photos seem to suggest it, but I don't see a balcony mentioned in the room desciption on the hotel's website.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 9:33 am

Programs: All Accor Plat, 1865 Voyager, AE E35K, HH Gold,Hyatt, Hrtz Gold, Marriott Gold, NEXUS
Originally Posted by Jasper2009
It looks like a nice property. Would you be able to comment on whether the rooms have a private balcony?

Some photos seem to suggest it, but I don't see a balcony mentioned in the room desciption on the hotel's website.
We stayed there overnight before a flight in February. We were very happy with the hotel. We ate at the 2nd floor bar area and had no complaints (it was raining!). I can't recall having a balcony.
Old Dec 2, 2017, 8:42 am

We spent a night at the hotel and were content. I had used the standby option for an upgrade. I successfully got a 1 bedroom suite on the 16th floor. I believe the upgrade price was 850 rand or ~$62. This gave us a very spacious living room with dining table and kitchenette in addition to the bedroom. There was a toilet room in the entry albeit without a sink. The windows were the full wall facing the ocean. There was no balcony. Parking was free. We did not use any of the facilities in the hotel so cannot comment on them. Room maintenance was not very good. We had a broken chair replaced and the sofa upholstery was badly stained. Still, it was extremely comfortably and were happy with our stay.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.