Community
Wiki Posts
Search

When's the end of the benefit year?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 1, 2014, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
When's the end of the benefit year?

Okay, no response to this in the sticky about aspects of the CC program. So here goes to the broader forum: Is the end of the benefit year the end of the month stated on our cards or the beginning? Card says "Expires Feb2015" so am I to assume it's at the start of the month, not the end of that month?
Old Nov 1, 2014, 9:36 am
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
Patience, patience... With luck a mod will be along to move my answer to the sticky thread and kill this one.

The CC T&C include the wording: "Program year, which runs from March 1 to February 28".
Old Nov 2, 2014, 11:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: OWEmerald; STARGold; BonvoyPlat; IHGPlat/Amb; HiltonGold; A|ClubPat; AirMilesPlat
Originally Posted by IMH
Patience, patience... With luck a mod will be along to move my answer to the sticky thread and kill this one.

The CC T&C include the wording: "Program year, which runs from March 1 to February 28".
Thank you. Must have missed that one in reading the T&Cs, but appreciate your locating it.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 5:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver,, Oman Air Gold
This is correct but the earning year (as opposed to the benefit year) runs from 1 Jan to 31 Dec.

In the light of this thread I contacted Club Carlson to check and they advised:

"Thank you for taking the time to write. Your stay and night count is added from Jan 1 to Dec 31. Your elite status expires on Feb 28 2015 unless otherwise re-attained. Please let
us know if you have any further questions or concerns."
Old Nov 28, 2014, 2:32 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
FWIW, I just got the email that points expire January 31st without an eligible stay. I'm actually adding this comment here to editorialize that it would be wonderful if they would reconcile the important program dates. I'll add part of this comment in the points expiry thread, but ran across this one first.

(And this is the first such notice I've received in three years, albeit with no activity in that account over that time.)
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:57 am

Originally Posted by Firewind
FWIW, I just got the email that points expire January 31st without an eligible stay. I'm actually adding this comment here to editorialize that it would be wonderful if they would reconcile the important program dates. I'll add part of this comment in the points expiry thread, but ran across this one first.

(And this is the first such notice I've received in three years, albeit with no activity in that account over that time.)
Without an eligible STAY, or any activity (buying, redeeming points)

I've only redeemed points in 2014
That seemed excessive to require a stay to keep an account active, while most FFP (airline at least) only ask for "activity"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.