Wiki Posts
Search

Free night question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, SPG
Free night question

I am new to Club Carlson, and have just received the Visa card and the bonus points. In the CC Visa promo literature it says: "When you redeem Gold Points for 2 or more consecutive Award Nights, your last night is free." I am planning a trip to London next week, 5 nights, and both my wife and I had 100,000 points. So 2 award nights on one reservation with one free night, and two ward nights on the other reservation. When I made the first reservation this is how it went, 3 nights for 100,000 points. However, when I made the second reservation I also got a free night, even though the reservation was only for two nights. Not complaining, just wondering if this is an undocumented feature?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 8:53 am

Yup - that's how it'll work if you book it under two different accounts.

I usually have stays of four nights, two under my name and two under the wife's. Only end up paying points for two nights ^
Old Oct 22, 2014, 10:15 am

Programs: Belong to Many but No Longer Loyal to Any
Originally Posted by whumpf
However, when I made the second reservation I also got a free night, even though the reservation was only for two nights. Not complaining, just wondering if this is an undocumented feature?
Yes, you get one of the nights free on a two night stay. "When you redeem Gold Points for 2 or more consecutive Award Nights, your last night is free."
Old Oct 23, 2014, 3:17 pm

The wording is weird, but if you think about it and take out the "or more" part:

When you redeem Gold Points for 2 consecutive award nights...your last is free.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 4:34 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Skymiles, AAdvantage, SPG
Makes sense - I was obviously reading it wrong. Thanks.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:51 pm

Originally Posted by whumpf
Makes sense - I was obviously reading it wrong. Thanks.
Actually, not a strange question...I read it wrong at first too.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:55 pm

Programs: SK*G, AS*MVP75k, UA*G
where do you book these in order to get the last night for free? I have the CC Visa card, but I canīt find a place on clubcarlson.com where I can book with this "promo" or is it automatically deducted when you pay with your CC Visa card upon check out?
Old Oct 23, 2014, 8:58 pm

Originally Posted by sohb
where do you book these in order to get the last night for free? I have the CC Visa card, but I canīt find a place on clubcarlson.com where I can book with this "promo" or is it automatically deducted when you pay with your CC Visa card upon check out?
Yes, just keep clicking through the reservation and it will show up.
Old Oct 23, 2014, 10:16 pm

Is it possible to use the free night promo and book a room with points for my family. Or do I need to be there to receive this benefit ? I know the T&C states that the cardholder needs to be traveling as well , but just wanted to check whether anyone here has any experience with this ?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 1:22 pm

Programs: SK*G, AS*MVP75k, UA*G
Originally Posted by flyaxa
Yes, just keep clicking through the reservation and it will show up.
Cool, can I use my wifes cc visa card on my clubcarlson account (as I have more points to use) and it will also clear, or only through her?
Old Oct 24, 2014, 3:28 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by sohb
Cool, can I use my wifes cc visa card on my clubcarlson account (as I have more points to use) and it will also clear, or only through her?
It has to be booked using the CC account of the CC visa cardholder, so would have to be booked using her account. But you can transfer points to her account for free if you are a Silver+ elite or have both been CC members for a year and share the same address on your accounts for at least a month.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.