Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any point in Concierge member booking Premium award stay over Standard award?

Old Oct 20, 2014, 9:33 pm
rtb
Original Poster

For the Radisson Blu hotels in Chicago or Philadelphia?
Both times I've stayed I've just redeemed the standard award (50,000) and I've been upgraded to Business Class. Since the Premium award (75,000) is for Business class would a Concierge member actually benefit from redeeming the Premium award?
Old Oct 22, 2014, 12:40 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Technically you're not guaranteed Business Class/Club upgrade as Concierge (as opposed to most other hotel top tiers). Just a vaguely described "better" room.

But the US Radisson Blu's seem to offer that as the default upgrade to Concierge members, so I'd just book the basic room and count on the upgrade, if I could live with a small chance of not getting it in case they are sold out.
Old Oct 24, 2014, 9:04 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
Premium awards are almost never worth it.
I only do this when I know for sure they will upgrade me from a premium room to a suite.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.