Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Club Carlson switch reward stay terms on my reservation

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:08 pm
sgd
Original Poster

Has anyone come across this before?

I booked a points only stay at Park Plaza in London. 75k points, zero cash. Reservation made October 2013 for June 2014 stay. Have reservation email to confirm zero GBP + 75k points reservation.

Just prior to travel today so I go to Club Carlson account today and see that reservation includes a 120 GBP per night charge. Wasn't expecting this.

Call to 800# and I'm told I must have booked a points + cash rate by mistake. (I know I didn't and have email to prove it.)

Advised that I need to call customer care to discuss options. This 800# is currently closed but will call tomorrow.

Anyone come across this before? I feel conned. Want to give myself best chance of success with tomorrow's customer care call so appreciate any previous experience/ advice.

Thanks!
Old Jun 16, 2014, 10:29 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: SAS EBD, BA Gold, Bonvoy Titanium, Hertz PC, National Exec Elite
Just checked, and the same has happened to my points only reservation in London in July - now showing points + a cash component of GBP120/night. My reservation was made before the points price increase this spring.

I'm not worried since I have confirmation email, but please report back after your investigations.
Old Jun 18, 2014, 7:06 pm
sgd
Original Poster

Update

Call to customer care and I'm told that the 120 GBP cash requirement that shows on the online reservations is a "computer glitch" and everything will be OK when i get to the hotel. Will add another update if it's not.
Old Jun 19, 2014, 6:08 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
I've now had two cases (in UK) where the price has changed after reservation.

The first one I noticed at check-out, all the daily prices had changed. Lucky I had the confirmation email to prove the original prices so they corrected the prices.

The other one came up as I cancelled one 2for1 reservation, the second night had a price added.

This has never happened to me before.
Old Jun 20, 2014, 9:55 pm

Programs: DL DM, Hilton Gold, Caesars DM
Just checked my upcoming stays - I have a points-only stay in DUB at the end of July that is currently showing 0pts + 0.68 EUR instead of the correct 44,000. This is a much better deal than the flash sale!

All my other stays (half points-only, half paid) price correctly...including one at the same DUB location a week and a half prior.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 2:07 pm

Programs: UA/AA
I had a similar experience with an award reservation I have for the end of the year. After seeing the charge appear on my points booking, I called Carlson customer service and they
removed the charge and sent me an updated reservation e-mail. Was also told it was a "glitch". Hmm, always good to save those initial reservation e-mails for reference.
Old Jun 21, 2014, 7:10 pm
LGA

Programs: AS; AA; UA; DL; VS; BA; Nat'l Emer. Exec.; AGR
Originally Posted by aapee
The other one came up as I cancelled one 2for1 reservation, the second night had a price added.
If someone loses Gold status after making a 2for1 reservations, will it reprice at check in to full price?
Old Jun 22, 2014, 5:16 am

I have only had this once when I went to Amsterdam Art Hotel, was asked for £120 at check in (or out) and I obviously challenged. They would only refund me after seeing my original confirmation and calling clubcarlson. However was dealt with in good grace.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.