Canceling an award?

Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:22 pm
Original Poster

Canceling an award?

I booked a 2 night stay at a Dublin Carlson hotel for the end of June and we need to cancel that trip. However, there is no cancel/modify button for this booking, but all my other bookings have the cancel buttons. When I booked the terms said I had until 24 hours before check-in to cancel. How do I cancel?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:10 am

Programs: AA LT PLT 3MM, Hilton/Marriott/SPG/Club Carlson GLD, IHG PLT
Originally Posted by Superorb
I booked a 2 night stay at a Dublin Carlson hotel for the end of June and we need to cancel that trip. However, there is no cancel/modify button for this booking, but all my other bookings have the cancel buttons. When I booked the terms said I had until 24 hours before check-in to cancel. How do I cancel?
That's odd, all my award bookings always have the modify/cancel button. Guess you need to call or send email to customer service.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:12 am

This happens every so often (agree odd), just call the hotel and get them to cancel it manually.#

I also have another oddity, whereby cancelled hotel stays sometimes stay in my hotel list but the points are certainly credited.

Appears to be a few glitches in the system!
Old Apr 24, 2014, 12:30 pm

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
happened to me a couple of times. needed to cancel so called the member services. they told me that sometimes hotels lock the reservations (for upgrades or other reasons).

anyway, the member services were able to unlock and cancel the reservation.

<the hotel in this case always gives me an upgrade>
Old Apr 25, 2014, 5:30 am
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Superorb
These are situations where you need to not only call to cancel but also should consider making it a practice to get and keep the cancellation number/details and verify the details of the cancellation.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 2:21 pm
Original Poster

Thanks guys. What number do I need to call?
Old Apr 27, 2014, 9:52 am

Programs: AY+ Plat, SK Gold, BT VIP, Radisson Premium, Accor Platinum
I called the UK number + 44 207 949 0378, as I'm in Europe. The US Customer Service probably can help as well.

The numbers are on this page:

http://www.clubcarlson.com/customerservice/contactus.do
Old Apr 28, 2014, 2:28 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by aapee
I called the UK number + 44 207 949 0378, as I'm in Europe. The US Customer Service probably can help as well.

The numbers are on this page:

http://www.clubcarlson.com/customerservice/contactus.do
Thanks, and welcome to FT

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.