Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Aruba Sold Out MLK Weekend 2015?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20, 2014, 11:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
Radisson Aruba Sold Out MLK Weekend 2015?

I recently got in on those $300 flights to Aruba from the US and figured I could stay at the Radisson with points and have one night free since I have their credit card.

I go to book and there are no rooms available at all, even if I wanted to pay cash. In fact from Jan 17th to Jan 30th, there are no rooms available all either for cash.

The strikes me as weird, over 9 months in advance and half a month is either sold out/unavailable. Can a hotel really be sold out that far in advance? Or maybe they haven't released the rooms for sale yet?

Anyone have a clue?
Old Apr 22, 2014, 8:27 pm

We were hoping to return to the Radisson Aruba during that time too. I called Club Carlson and was told there is convention being held at the hotel and that is the reason it is not available.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 3:16 pm

Programs: DELTA Skymiles:GOLD
This is a heavy travel week for local NYC schools that has a mass exodus to Aruba, they usually take up a large part of the Palm Beach Hotels.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, HH Gold, Hyatt Diamond, IHG Platinum
Yup nothing.

The reservations dept at the Radisson Aruba (the actual hotel, not the CC res. department) confirmed no availability now from Jan 12th to Jan 31st in any room category.

Real bummer for me as I was looking to burn CC points. Looks like I'll be staying nearby at the Holiday Inn on points instead.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.