Wiki Posts
Search

standby upgrade on a points booking

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2014, 10:50 am
Original Poster

Programs: Avios Hunter
standby upgrade on a points booking

If the upgrade is successful, does it turn the night into a qualifying night for the purposes of promotions, or will it be seen as a points + cash night ?
Old Mar 9, 2014, 1:00 pm

From my experience - no.

And I'm pretty sure I haven't seen anything in the T&C that would suggest otherwise.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 12:37 pm

Programs: DL Gold/MM, HH Diamond, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I would suggest that you bring a copy of the eStandby upgrade offer with you. I had a recent award stay at the Radison Blu Agra India where I chose a business class room eStandby upgrade, and they had no idea what I was talking about. I brought a copy of my award stay confirmation, but didn't think I needed a copy of the eStandby that I accepted, which amounted to only about $12 USD. I ended up getting a complimentary upgrade to a business class room, but they would not allow me any of the benefits (lounge, breakfast, etc.), which would have been worth much more than the cost of the upgrade.
Old Mar 10, 2014, 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by tangey
If the upgrade is successful, does it turn the night into a qualifying night for the purposes of promotions, or will it be seen as a points + cash night ?
It will still count as an award night itself,not a promotion qualifying one.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.