Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Blu Champs Elysees Paris: Gold Pts booking not offered!

Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.

Today i was trying to book an award stay in Radisson Blu Champs Elysees Paris (5 days stay), but the website seems not to offer the possibility to book an award stay in this hotel stating "rate not offered".
Anyone knows the reason why?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:12 am

Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
Today i was trying to book an award stay in Radisson Blu Champs Elysees Paris (5 days stay), but the website seems not to offer the possibility to book an award stay in this hotel stating "rate not offered".
Anyone knows the reason why?
The points needed per night is increasing to 70k a night post 15th march,one of the main reasons many people have been redeeming stays over there in Paris hotels.
Try playing around with your dates and maybe chopping around hotels {Metropolitan/Le dokhan's}
What dates/month u looking around for ? Flexible dates would certainly help
Old Mar 2, 2014, 4:49 am
Original Poster

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Originally Posted by Jasjot Sadana
The points needed per night is increasing to 70k a night post 15th march,one of the main reasons many people have been redeeming stays over there in Paris hotels.
Try playing around with your dates and maybe chopping around hotels {Metropolitan/Le dokhan's}
What dates/month u looking around for ? Flexible dates would certainly help
thanks.

If i correctly remember CC program foreseen no black out dates, am i wrong?
22 or 23/4 to 26 or 27/4!
I was interested on that one...
No way to obtain an award in this hotel, maybe calling the CC reservation n.?
Old Mar 2, 2014, 6:07 am

Programs: AA EXP BA Gold, TK Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AS 100K, QR PLT, SAS Gold, IHG Spire, AMR
Do you have more than 2 people in your reservation? Change it to two and magically availability shows up at many hotels
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:30 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Deltahater
Do you have more than 2 people in your reservation? Change it to two and magically availability shows up at many hotels
no 2 people, looking for a double room (+ Gold upgrd).
No way. Any idea?
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:25 am
wcj

I am seeing cash +points option for 24/4-27/4, but not on 23/4. I would guess they are simply sold out. I checked a handful of dates throughout the summer and it was the same, no gold points rooms. However, there is a standard award room open on 1/8-2/8. On that date, the points + cash option is significantly cheaper than on the dates of 24/4-27/4. I also note that a classic room is available on 1/8, but not on any of your dates in April.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:01 pm
Original Poster

thanks for reply.
Ok that's fine. But why they're sold out if CC states: <<No black out dates>>
It sounds quite strange to me..maybe I'm wrong.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 2:42 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by Paul4Travel
thanks for reply.
Ok that's fine. But why they're sold out if CC states: &lt;&lt;No black out dates&gt;&gt;
It sounds quite strange to me..maybe I'm wrong.
I think you are misunderstanding the "no blackout dates" concept. If the hotel offers reward rooms for a specific day but those rooms are sold out then there will no availability.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:18 pm
wcj

It must be the "basic" or "standard room". Some in the chain allow larger rooms with different features like breakfast, robes, view, etc. to be booked with gold points, typically 70-75k, but I don't think it's required. Thus, once the hotel sells all the basic rooms, gold points or otherwise, it need not make any other award rooms available. In looking at this hotel, it appears that it does have standard rooms and some of these "upgraded rooms"(yes, sometimes there is not much difference in the "upgraded room" must watch out for this) at various times. When looking at paid rooms, it has classic and deluxe on days that rooms are bookable with points, but only deluxe rooms when I see higher point requirements, higher cash portions on cash +points stays, etc. When looking at your dates on paid states, neither classic nor deluxe is available on the first day and the hotel is not offering the higher class rooms for gold points bookings, which is fairly typical IME.
Old Mar 3, 2014, 4:53 pm

Yep this one looks like it will be tough to get. Going to Paris at the end of the month for a week and I Searched award availability all week, with one night stays, and still nothing came up.

If I were you though I'd get the CC card (if you don't already have it) and chop up the stay in the 2 other paris hotels that are right by each other. That is what I plan on doing, along with using my 2 free nights at the Park Hyatt
Old Mar 19, 2014, 10:10 pm

Booked it for end of August about a month ago using points.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.