Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Status Match

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:21 pm
Original Poster

Status Match

Do CC do status match or challanges? I am being downgraded from concerige to red this month, I am platinum with IHG and just managed to get Marriot to give me platinum on a status match, do you think i could get cc to keep my concerige, I have done over 150 stays in last year but all mostly at IHG chasing big wins?
Old Feb 26, 2014, 4:11 pm
IMH

Programs: BA Gold; Accor Plat; IHG Diamond-Amb; Meliá & HH & Marriott Gold
At statusmatcher.com there are several reports of people successfully matching to CC Silver and Gold -- but it would be unusual for a chain to match someone who very recently had status with them. (Clocking up 150 stays in non-Carlson hotels instead of renewing Concierge doesn't add up to a great argument -- but by all means ask, especially if you can back it up with a fistful of reservations.)
Old Feb 28, 2014, 10:48 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Hilton HHonors Diamond, IHG Plat
I emailed proof of IHG Plat to CC and got upgraded to Gold no questions asked.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 3:07 pm

SPG Gold status match

As a SPG Gold asking for a status match in CC, what's the equivalent? Silver or Gold in CC? I email them and have been offered only Silver status in CC.
Old Dec 7, 2014, 3:33 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Palermo123
As a SPG Gold asking for a status match in CC, what's the equivalent? Silver or Gold in CC? I email them and have been offered only Silver status in CC.
If you are US based just get CCs CC and it gives you Gold w/o any stays needed. Dont recall seeing any links where theyd wavier the AF but I believe they give you a free night cert and every yr afterwards 40K when you renew. 1 benefit is book 1 night using pts and the 2nd night is free
Old Dec 7, 2014, 11:38 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Spire, Radisson Gold
I was matched from IHG Platinum to Carlson Gold. Your problem is, as IMH says, how willing they'll be to status match an existing account which has had status with them before and jumped ship.

It can't hurt to email them anyway - let us know if you have any luck

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.