Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Club Carlson Program Changes eff. Mar 15, 2014

Old Feb 19, 2014, 11:47 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: SanDiego1K
Please see post #20 for the official announcement from our CC rep.

CC rep confirms that changes occur March 15.

List of all 2014 Category Changes

Properties going from 6 to 7 (50k to 70k points):
Radisson Royal Hotel, Dubai
Radisson Blu Le Dokhan’s Hotel, Paris Trocadero
Radisson Blu 1835 Hotel & Thalasso, Cannes
Radisson Blu Le Metropolitan Hotel, Paris Eiffel
Radisson Blu Hotel Champs Elysees, Paris
The May Fair (London)
Plaza on the River, London
art’otel, Amsterdam
Radisson Royal Hotel, Moscow
Print Wikipost

Club Carlson Program Changes eff. Mar 15, 2014

Old Apr 5, 2014, 3:59 pm

Originally Posted by skaya
Well the Hyatt Regency is leabiong the HYATT chain, but hardly related to Club Carlson
Sorry, I'm losing my mind. I have no clue why I tied the Hyatt Regency Cancun to the Club Carlson forum.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by skaya
CS has opened a case, and I have as well sent hotel e-mail directly.

Fully booked, renovation or some strange IT glitch
Can you update whether you could restore your removed cancun reservations? Thanks.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:29 am
Suspended

Programs: RIP
Originally Posted by bobbybrown
Can you update whether you could restore your removed cancun reservations? Thanks.
I have received mails (from hotel/CS) that they are restored, although they dont show on my acct, nor are the points taken.

But I am guaranteed I have my reservations. Maybe it becomes free
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:43 pm

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, SW CP
I've been holding off booking Club Carlson in Aruba until we knew for sure we could make it. It was listed at 50k points per night and I checked ahead of time to make sure it was not one of the properties going up in value. Even after the March 15th change it was still at 50k points until tonight when I went to book it. It's up to 75k points now? Are they still adding properties going up in points even after the March 15th changeover? I haven't seen any notice over this go out.
Wondering if a call is going to do anything in this situation.
Old Apr 16, 2014, 8:50 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Club Carlson Gold, Choice Elite Platinum
Originally Posted by ninjasurfer99
I've been holding off booking Club Carlson in Aruba until we knew for sure we could make it. It was listed at 50k points per night and I checked ahead of time to make sure it was not one of the properties going up in value. Even after the March 15th change it was still at 50k points until tonight when I went to book it. It's up to 75k points now? Are they still adding properties going up in points even after the March 15th changeover? I haven't seen any notice over this go out.
By any chance do you have more than 2 people the room?
Old Apr 16, 2014, 10:21 pm

75k points means that they no longer have any more standard award rooms available at the 50k rate. The 75k rate is for a premium room. NONE of the hotels are 75k points per night for standard awards. Standard awards only go up to 70k points/night.

http://www.clubcarlson.com/fgp/hotelcategory/home.do
Old Apr 17, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: Club Carlson Gold, SW CP
Originally Posted by Superorb
75k points means that they no longer have any more standard award rooms available at the 50k rate. The 75k rate is for a premium room. NONE of the hotels are 75k points per night for standard awards. Standard awards only go up to 70k points/night.

http://www.clubcarlson.com/fgp/hotelcategory/home.do
Thanks so much Super, I was so worried they were increasing points for more properties I never considered the standard awards were just booked up already.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 10:46 am

Thanks so much Super, I was so worried they were increasing points for more properties I never considered the standard awards were just booked up already.
I made the same mistake trying to book some nights in Paris for this summer. They were all 75k and I was freaking out, but then someone pointed out that they just didn't have any standard rooms left.
Old Apr 17, 2014, 2:04 pm

Club Carlson will charge you a new point rate if you change your reservation date. I booked a Radisson Paris room before March 15 but now that I need to change the reservation date, they told me I have to pay extra points to have the date update.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 12:14 am

Originally Posted by Superorb
I made the same mistake trying to book some nights in Paris for this summer. They were all 75k and I was freaking out, but then someone pointed out that they just didn't have any standard rooms left.

I think for Paris all the properties moved to 70K following the recent change, so that is the new standard rate for Paris.
Old Apr 18, 2014, 3:27 pm

Originally Posted by view
I think for Paris all the properties moved to 70K following the recent change, so that is the new standard rate for Paris.
Yup, they're all at 70k, so even though our room has two twin beds I think we'll survive knowing we only paid 50k points for two nights.
Old Apr 21, 2014, 1:22 am

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Originally Posted by view
Actually the Boulogne property is at 50k and I have an upcoming stay there. Later I will report here as I did not find many reports here on FT, just notes on the margin.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:11 am

Tried to search through the thread with no luck, but can anyone confirm they have been given an elite night whilst redeeming a reward night?

I had a checkout on Sunday and as of today (Thursday) the stay has still not been posted?
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:24 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
V8Brit, click on your stay history (not your points statement) to see if it has at least posted as an Ineligible Stay, as it used to under the old rules. If not, then the hotel is slow.
Old Apr 24, 2014, 3:46 am

Originally Posted by Brendan
V8Brit, click on your stay history (not your points statement) to see if it has at least posted as an Ineligible Stay, as it used to under the old rules. If not, then the hotel is slow.
Hi Brendan, it doesn't but then I am not sure if it would?

As I redeemed points to pay for it and I think the statement only shows the points that have been awarded. Unsure if reward stays under the new rules will show up there with 0 points but add 1 stay towards elite status, or just add 1 stay towards elite status.

I am about 7 nights from concierge status until Feb 2016 and relying on the reward nights to push me over the boundry for 2015-16

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.