Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Apr 2, 2015, 2:58 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: StartinSanDiego
Current best offer (May 2019) 120,000 Radisson Reward points
https://www.radissonrewardsvisa.com/credit/offer.do?redirect=plat32172&lang=e
  • 10 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases at participating Radisson Family of Hotels.2
  • 5 points per $1 spent in eligible net purchases everywhere else.2
  • 120,000 bonus points - receive 120,000 points after you spend $3,000 on your card within the first 90 days. 1

The cards offer a free DOMESTIC night certificate for every $10,000 spent on the card per cardholder year, up to 3 certificates per year, per card. At this time, the only way to ascertain membership year spend is to add it up on your statements or call the US BANK number on the back of the card and have the rep do the math. There is no "Spend Summary" to indicate your progress towards your free night certificates.
  • 40,000 renewal points each year when you renew your card.3
  • Earn up to 3 free nights! Earn one Free Night E-Cert for each $10,000 in spend (up to $30,000), then renew your card by paying the Annual Fee.4

Many reports here indicate that the norm is that annual renewal points post to Club Carlson two months after the date of the Visa statement that includes the annual fee. Because of this, do not use the date that the points post to calculate your cardmembership spending for the free night certificates.
Print Wikipost

CC visa annual 40000 points bonus

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2014, 5:53 pm

Statement closed yesterday. Received my 25k points today in account. I have the lesser card
Old Feb 5, 2014, 8:45 pm

Points just posted for me as well. Status still not showing 2015.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 11:27 am

Programs: AA, UA, SPG
Took me from December statement until today, but they posted today.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 6:47 pm

Mine posted a week or so ago, anniversary date was early Dec.

Gold status shows until 2015 as well.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 8:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
For me:

The statement with my AF on it closed 1/3.
The statement with my 40k "Renewal Bonus" closed 3/4.
The 40k points appeared in my on-line Club Carlson account on 3/6.
Old Mar 6, 2014, 9:28 pm

Programs: UA Platinum, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Originally Posted by FindAWay
For me:

The statement with my AF on it closed 1/3.
The statement with my 40k "Renewal Bonus" closed 3/4.
The 40k points appeared in my on-line Club Carlson account on 3/6.
I had the same timeline. Very happy they finally posted...was able to get a reservation in Malta that is scheduled for an increase in points at the lower level. Final piece of my summer travel puzzle in place. ^
Old Mar 12, 2014, 11:49 pm
Suspended

I have to say, ....it is total bull$(&%. Yes, yes, I know what the rules say. But if you pay the darn fee the day it hits, they should give up the points quicker. I paid my yearly fee in Jan and Feb came and went - NO 40,000 points! I called back again and they checked, said "the points have been issued but I will not see them until March statement hits." What a crock. I may lose the card next year, the heck with ClubC. I can always invest my time and money in IHG (many more properties) or Hyatt (best overall, I think).

PS - Someone on this thread says that they can see "points pending." I don't see any "points pending" on any section of the website when I log in. Do others see "points pending" or was it just that one person?
Old Mar 14, 2014, 9:07 pm

Just wondering if anyone has data points on canceling the card after 40K renewal points post to the account ? Any success getting the AF refunded ?
Old Mar 18, 2014, 8:43 am

Programs: MR PP, UA Silver, SW A-List, HH Diamond
Thanks to the info on this thread, I can just relax and stop freaking out over no points posting over 6 weeks after my annual fee was paid. They will come, not very quickly, and in the future, I'll expect that and not make plans to use them in the interim time. The card's yearly benefit of 40k points + 2nd free night on an award is more than enough to make up for US Bank's slowness IMO.
Old Mar 18, 2014, 9:08 am

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
+1 Bang-on, Goldenbear! Now we understand CC's system well enough to know to expect the 40K 2 months after the AF posts, so we can "Don't Worry, Be Happy" next year! But we've all had points from other co.s fail to post & needed to fight for them, so we needed to "Be Prepared" this year!
Silvermaple, I bet the reason for the delay is to wait to post the points until it's way too late to get a refund of the AF!
Old Apr 11, 2014, 5:48 pm

I'm on the fence on renewing this card. Can you guys help sway me one way or the other? I just don't see enough properties where I would go in the next year. I travel to Hong Kong mostly and am planing a big Australia trip in a few months (nov). My AF is due next month. I currently have 0 points and i see 40k can get me one night at a cat 4, but there really isn't a location I can see where I'd be able to use it anytime soon.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 6:23 pm

Originally Posted by sftravelninja
I'm on the fence on renewing this card. Can you guys help sway me one way or the other? I just don't see enough properties where I would go in the next year. I travel to Hong Kong mostly and am planing a big Australia trip in a few months (nov). My AF is due next month. I currently have 0 points and i see 40k can get me one night at a cat 4, but there really isn't a location I can see where I'd be able to use it anytime soon.
Obviously every situation is different, but in my case I'm keeping the card and saving up for a Europe trip next year. Of course I could get burned with a devaluation, but getting 40K this year, 40K next year, and the second/last night free benefit with the card will be well worth the $150 in AF for two years.

Just something to consider... if I didn't have any plans at all where I thought I could use these points, I'm not sure I'd keep the card.
Old Apr 11, 2014, 8:50 pm

I had two of these (one personal and one biz), and I ended up closing up one of them. Applied because I thought these are great reward programs with great potential. Now that I'm more familiar with the program, there just aren't enough properties in the areas I like to visit that makes this program convenient for me. There are some uses when I do road trips that I think would be helpful, so I've paid the annual fee and will re-evaluate it next year.

I did stay at Radisson Edinburgh last year, I can't say I was overly impressed with it (in that I probably won't stay there again). The 2 for 1 nights value is significant; but I don't find the properties to be of great value and convenience to me. Different strokes for different folks. I may change my mind if I can put it to good use.

To the above poster, I did not find any use of Club Carlson points for either Australia or Hong Kong, better luck to you if you could make it work.

Last edited by BOShappyflyer; Apr 12, 2014 at 1:59 pm
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by sftravelninja
38k gets a cardholder 2 nights in a cat 4, or 90+% of 2 nights in a cat 5, or 80% of 2 nights in a cat 6.

Surely that is worth the annual fee.
Old Apr 12, 2014, 1:49 pm
Suspended

I too, have 1 personal and 1 biz. I was thinking about killing one of them. The thing that gets me is that I had to wait so damn long for the 40K to post. I know, I know, maybe I'm impatient. But we paid the fee to renew, why can't they post quicker? It's like - poor customer service. So I may also get rid of one of them...not sure yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.