Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa, St Martin; redemption only March 4 and after?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Resort, Marina & Spa, St Martin; redemption only March 4 and after?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13, 2014, 9:43 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond

Looking at redeeming points for a stay at the above hotel.

Appears to be plenty of availability March 4 and after for 50K redemption. Nothing to be found before that, though looks like plenty of rooms for cash. Is this normal, or a quirk? If I am reading right, the T&Cs for Club Carlson say "no blackouts" on standard rooms at "participating hotels."

Are hotels allowed to turn their "participation" on and off at will?

If so, is there a master list somewhere of what dates apply for each hotel?

Thanks for any insight.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 3:46 pm

Programs: spg gold
Just checked out today and I would say only 50% full.
Old Jan 14, 2014, 5:24 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
other reports on this forum suggest that contacting the hotel directly you could get them to unblock reward availability for your desired dates, the last posts in this thread are about the hotel that you are talking about:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carls...on-awards.html
Old Jan 14, 2014, 8:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jkoenig51
Just checked out today and I would say only 50% full.
How did you like it?

Originally Posted by Ikaz
other reports on this forum suggest that contacting the hotel directly you could get them to unblock reward availability for your desired dates, the last posts in this thread are about the hotel that you are talking about:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/carls...on-awards.html
Thanks.
Old Jan 15, 2014, 8:32 am

Programs: spg gold
This was my second visit, and I liked it a lot. Rooms are average 3.5 stars, but very clean. I also found the food to be good but pricey.Pool is great and so is the beach. When it is windy on Orient or Dawn beach the Radission beach will be calm. Friers beach is very nice and calm and you can rent a chair and umbrella for 20.00 dollars.( I had lunch there and did't care for it). Everything on the French side will be more expensive(and maybe a little nicer). On the Dutch side Dawn beach is nice and you can rent chairs and umbrella also 20.00 bucks. Great lunch at Dawn, Bissby's has great cheese steaks.
At the Radission you don't have to fight for chairs at either the beach or the pool.You will enjoy your stay and feel free to PM me with any other questions.
Old Jan 17, 2014, 8:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jkoenig51
This was my second visit, and I liked it a lot. Rooms are average 3.5 stars, but very clean. I also found the food to be good but pricey.Pool is great and so is the beach. When it is windy on Orient or Dawn beach the Radission beach will be calm. Friers beach is very nice and calm and you can rent a chair and umbrella for 20.00 dollars.( I had lunch there and did't care for it). Everything on the French side will be more expensive(and maybe a little nicer). On the Dutch side Dawn beach is nice and you can rent chairs and umbrella also 20.00 bucks. Great lunch at Dawn, Bissby's has great cheese steaks.
At the Radission you don't have to fight for chairs at either the beach or the pool.You will enjoy your stay and feel free to PM me with any other questions.
Thank you.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.