Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados Master Thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Aquatica Resort Barbados Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.3; SM-N900V Build/JSS15J) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/31.0.1650.59 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I don't believe there is a standalone thread for this property, yet, and this is not going to be a good first post.

Awaiting our room to be ready and there is currently no/low water. if you're on floors 3 and up it sounds like you're SOL....

Actually, check that... 2nd floor is SOL too.

I'll post more later; getting out of here for a bit before I get too angry about the manager coming over and stating what was going on and not offering us (Gold) anything for the major inconvenience.
Old Aug 30, 2015, 3:29 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat; Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime Elite;Hyatt Globalist; HHonors Diamond; United Silver
Any news since this dispatch?

Now there seem be only two beach resorts in the Carribbean; Granada and this one in Barbados.
Old Sep 1, 2015, 7:01 pm

Programs: Air: Many; Hotel: HH D, HY G, IHG P, MR S, RR
Dec 2014 stay

Originally Posted by beachfan
Any news since this dispatch?

Now there seem be only two beach resorts in the Carribbean; Granada and this one in Barbados.
I stayed for three nights using points last December (I'm a US Bank CC cardholder, so it was 88K points for three nights then). As a gold member, I was upgraded to the top floor oceanview room. I think all the rooms are pretty similar, besides the floor/view. My first impression was positive with friendly staff, a welcome drink, and the upgrade, but this really is not a "resort" in terms of amenities and facilities. I did not eat at the hotel at all. The beach area was small, but fine. The rooms also were fine, but not anything memorable. The Hilton is very close and is a much larger property with more facilities that one would associate with a resort.

Like the OP's experience, there was a problem with lack of water in the hotel during my stay. The bottom line was that my top floor room lacked water for about 24 hours. The staff did not do a good job providing accurate information about when the water would be restored. I was able to use a room in the lower section of the hotel to take a shower before going to dinner (after several phone calls). I finally got water back in my room around the middle of the next morning. Before checking out, I spoke to the manager about the lack of water being unacceptable, and he agreed to my request to refund points for one night. This took a little more follow-up with CC when I got home.

I was thinking about the Grenada property too, but I chose Barbados because flight options were better.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.