Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Suite Hotel Oceanfront (Melbourne, FL)

Old Nov 23, 2013, 6:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: IHG Spire Ambassador, CC Gold, Marriott Gold, HH Gold, DL PM

My sister was in town and wanted to use her free night from last year's promotion. We decided to drive to the Radisson in Melbourne.

Upon approach, the hotel looks a little unusual, it is a long rectangular hotel, not the usual shape. This is because every room is an oceanfront room. The hotel is the width of the room plus the outside corridor, so it is not very wide compared to other hotels.

The hotel is an all suite hotel. Upon walking into the room, you walk into the living area that has a desk, sofa bed and club chair. There is a sliding glass door to the balcony. The balcony is the length of one room, but spans between the bedroom and the living room.

There is a small hallway off the front door that leads to the bathroom. This hallway has the good sized mini refrigerator and sink and coffee maker. The bathroom can be accessed from the bedroom or the hallway.

The hotel has direct access to the beach. Currently, the swimming pool and hot tub are undergoing renovations, but those should be completed soon.

The front desk was incredibly helpful. When I made the reservation, I did not realize that it had defaulted to the following night. So our reservation was one night early. The front desk had us call Club Carlson who initially told us that there was nothing that they could do. The manager finally spoke with the agent and they got it straightened out.

They told me that they had been a Radisson for 37 years. The front desk was very knowledgeable about the program, unlike some of the other hotels that we have stayed in.

Melbourne does not have the hustle and bustle of South Beach, but if you are looking for a long weekend at the beach, this is a great hotel.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 8:16 pm

I had a 1 night stay here (during the first 50k promo), and it was good. It is a unique hotel, and my experience was similar to yours. The rooms had been renovated (flooring/furniture/painting/TVs). The bathroom was small in the room (with strange double doors that required getting used too). The entrance doors to the rooms (on the higher floors at least?) are open to the elements. Easy access to the beach (with shower clean up area near the pool), ample parking, and a friendly/knowledgeable staff.

This hotel is certainly not a luxury property, but it is nice to hear the beach/ocean at night from your room with a view....
Old Mar 25, 2014, 9:01 am

Programs: Delta Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, Hilton Diamond.
Stayed here recently and was upgraded to a corner suite on the 7th floor. We had a wraparound balcony allowing for full views of the sunrise over the ocean and the sunset over the intracoastal. The room was spacious and well appointed. Our friends stayed at the Hilton right next door and our room was much more impressive. Their lobby and shared areas were obviously much nicer though.
Old Dec 27, 2016, 8:47 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Good: All suites with separate rooms, balconies, all oceanfront, on beach, recently renovated rooms, functional but not high end, heated pool if working plus hot tub, good wifi, wet bars, fridge, great views, stores and restaurants close by.

Bad: Poor pool bars and restaurants, parking fee. 1st floor lobby and common area seem dark and confined.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.