Wiki Posts
Search

Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, FL

Search this Thread

Old Nov 22, 2013, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Country Inn & Suites Orlando Airport, FL

I wanted to share my recent experience at this hotel, since some folks might be looking at it as an option for a quick overnight. I debated between staying here on a 12,000 point reward reservation or the Hyatt located inside the airport for either 15,000 Hyatt GP point or ~$200. After some quick math, taking into account that my departure the next morning wasn't at the butt crack of dawn, I went with this hotel.

My plane landed from ORD at about 11:05PM. As I walked through the terminal at MCO, I could tell I arrived on one of the last arrivals of the day. A shuttle was dispatched to pick me up after a quick call to the hotel upon landing and I was checked in and scoping out my room within 15 minutes of stepping off the plane.

The suite was pretty big, with a separate bedroom and living room. The bedroom consisted of a king bed and 32" flat screen TV, with plenty of outlets on the side tables. The living room had a couch (which I presume folds out to a bed), desk, and another flat screen TV. Also waiting in my room was a welcome gift, which consisted of a small bottle of water, bag of Sun Chips, and Reese's peanut butter cups, along with a note from the hotel manager.

The bed was comfy and I slept well. I woke up at about 7:30AM the next morning and quickly headed downstairs for breakfast. The breakfast spread was what you'd expect from a Country Inn & Suites, with pre-made scrambled eggs, sausage, oatmeal, cereal, bread, pastries, etc. The dining room wasn't all that big, and I ended up sharing a table with a couple of folks visiting from France.

The hotel has a shuttle that departs every half an hour to the airport and takes roughly 7-8 minutes door to door. My flight departed at 9:35AM the next morning, so I hopped on the 8:00AM shuttle back to the airport, and boarded my flight on time to DFW.

All in all, I would definitely stay here if I ever do another MR through MCO and need a place to sleep. Club Carlson points are fairly easy to accumulate, so I would use points again. I wouldn't recommend this particular hotel if your trip plans include Disneyworld, as the shuttle driver told me it was about 20-25 minutes away. I'll admit that I am somewhat ignorant of all the elite perks offered by this chain, so I can't say if I received the whole "Gold elite experience." Nevertheless, I was happy with my stay overall.

Last edited by bhamsan01; Nov 22, 2013 at 1:20 pm
Old Dec 30, 2014, 5:03 pm

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
Just completed a stay, a typical CI&S, so don't expect too much, but at least it is kept up and one of the nicer ones. For sure the tallest one I have been at.

The out door pool & hot tub are nice.

I did use the shuttle and was amazed how fast it was. Upon landing, I called in and the shuttle was there to pick me up and we were at hotel in less than 5 minutes. In the morning it was also fast, and AA is in A, so I was first dropped off and it was fast.

I took advantage of last night free and did a 2 night stay for 28K.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.