Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Caledonien Kristiansand (Norway)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 29, 2013, 12:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: Accor Platinum CC Concierge FB Platinum
Unhappy Radisson Blu Caledonien Kristiansand (Norway)

Something that is probably not clear to the hotels that participate in CC is that they get a lot of business because of CC. Last week I had to be in the Southern part of Norway and when I organise such a trip, I look at CC to see if they have a hotel in the area.
Without knowing anything about the hotel, I have booked the hotel as I assume that I get the benefits being Concierge CC. Hotels should be very alert to give the guests that book via CC the special service that goes with their status.
Why, because most of the CC members have chosen this program because they like the benefits and would like to use them. As a return we give or business to the hotel.
For me a normal transaction; there is an offer that you like and you buy.
I don’t understand that this is so different in loyalty programs and that it requires so often unpleasant discussions at check in or check out. It feels so uncomfortable to ask for benefits, that you are entitled to have. It is part of the offer made by CC and the hotel.
Last week again the same story. At arrival in Radisson Caledonien I got a standard room, looking directly on a container harbour that operates full continue. Impossible to open your room during the night and even with closed windows the noise was far too loud. Based on my level, it would have been great to get a room at the more quit side of the hotel. Not an upgrade, but just making sure that you give the best situated rooms to your loyal guests.
On the room no gift. Ok, this can happen. In the evening I had some drinks in the bar. The next morning by checking out, I noticed that the rebate of 15% was not given on the drinks. When I asked for it, first they did not know about this benefit and when I explained and showed the brochure (I take that with me as many hotels don’t know the level benefits) they said that in Norway it is not allowed to give discounts on alcohol. Given the discussion, I don’t believe this and I think they only used this as an excuse.
Some hotels are very good in dealing with CC members and I apologies to them that I don’t write a lot about this, but this was unfortunate one of the more regular experiences that I have with loyalty programs. They promise you all kind of benefits to get your business, but once they have they only partly deliver and make you feel like unreasonable person when you ask in the hotels for the benefits that have been promised.
The arrogance of the lady at the reception last week, made me very upset and this is why I have taken the time to write on this forum.
Old Sep 29, 2013, 1:51 am

Programs: SAS EBG, IHG Spire Amb, CCG
Originally Posted by fresnke66
On the room no gift. Ok, this can happen. In the evening I had some drinks in the bar. The next morning by checking out, I noticed that the rebate of 15% was not given on the drinks. When I asked for it, first they did not know about this benefit and when I explained and showed the brochure (I take that with me as many hotels don’t know the level benefits) they said that in Norway it is not allowed to give discounts on alcohol. Given the discussion, I don’t believe this and I think they only used this as an excuse.
While I heard this hotels is bad in every regard, this is more or less true.

There're a lot of restrictions on alcohol pricing and marketing, and alcohol taxes are very high. Almost all discount/voucher/gift card I've seen in Norway excludes alcohol.
Old Sep 30, 2013, 1:55 pm

Programs: Hyatt Diamond, HH Diamond, CC Gold
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. It is really a pity that even CC Concierges can't depend on getting the benefits they are supposed to get with out begging for them at the check-in.

However, I believed that the alcoholic beverages are excluded everywhere on the 15% off. Or aren't they? At least, last time they told so me so at a Radisson Blu in Finland and I remember reading it several times too.
Old Oct 1, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: Plat Amb, CCG, EBG
I arranged a small conference at this hotel and was quite pleased with what they offered. The rooms are certainly nothing special, but we were treated well and I (as a CCG) was picked up nicely. Certainly not the worst Carlson property I've stayed with, but on the other hand we were spending $5,000, so I guess that counts for something.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.