Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Getting Club Carlson points from a friend's stay

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold

I have a friend who is planning on staying at a Radisson, but does not belong to Club Carlson. He wondered if he could credit the stay to my account. Is this possible.

Or, can he get his own account, and transfer the points to me?
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:23 pm

While I certainly don't consider myself to be an expert on the subject I would make the following observations;

- Generally in order for a stay to earn points it must be booked in the name of the account holder. Most hotel programs allow you to book a stay and identify another person as an "additional guest" (the terminology may vary), and have the "additional guest" check in. That may be something that you wish to consider, although if the friend has to book the stay in his name ( for reimbursement purposes for instance ) obviously that won't work.
- Yes, friend can setup their own Club Carlson account and then transfer the points to you. The transfer has to be done over the phone, but it is free and relatively painless. As of Sept. / 2013 at least.
Old Sep 26, 2013, 5:33 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Exec Silver, Aeroplan, Hilton Honors Gold
Thanks for the very prompt reply.
Old Sep 28, 2013, 12:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by thebobmc
- Yes, friend can setup their own Club Carlson account and then transfer the points to you. The transfer has to be done over the phone, but it is free and relatively painless. As of Sept. / 2013 at least.
I thought to transfer out you had to be either:

1. Gold or higher
2. Living at the same address as the other person for 30+ days.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 2:56 pm

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
I thought to transfer out you had to be either:

1. Gold or higher
2. Living at the same address as the other person for 30+ days.
1. Not sure if this is true. Only transfered when gold+ but can't imagine this to be true.
2. Definately not true.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 7:17 pm

Programs: KLM Gold
Originally Posted by barte
1. Not sure if this is true. Only transfered when gold+ but can't imagine this to be true.
2. Definately not true.

Well, let's look at the CC Q&A section on their website:

Can I transfer my Gold Points to another Club Carlson account?
Elite members may transfer Points from their account to another Program member account upon request. All other members (non-Elite) may transfer Points to another Program member residing in the same household provided that both individuals have been a Program member for at least one year and the addresses for either account involved in the transfer have not been up updated within thirty (30) days prior to the transfer request. All members can request a transfer by contacting Member Services. Club Carlson reserves the right to require proof of eligibility or residency and, in its sole discretion, deny a Point transfer request.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 11:42 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
They have never denied for people even living 5000km from me.
Old Oct 4, 2013, 2:01 pm

Programs: KLM Gold
Originally Posted by barte
They have never denied for people even living 5000km from me.
This policy from CC is quite new, probably 3 months old or so. Your transfers might be further back in time?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 3:19 am

Oops !

Originally Posted by meheeco
This policy from CC is quite new, probably 3 months old or so. Your transfers might be further back in time?
Oops ! Yes it appears that time does indeed fly and my last Club Carlson transfer was made several months ago.

At that time there were no issues with status or residence, but it appears that may have changed.

Please accept my sincerest apologies for providing incorrect information in my previous post !
Old Oct 6, 2013, 4:17 am

Originally Posted by meheeco
Only a few months ago I did the last transfer
Old Oct 6, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: UA GS & 1MM, Carlson Concierge, Marriott Platinum, SPG Gold, BW Diamond
Originally Posted by JTXC
I have a friend who is planning on staying at a Radisson, but does not belong to Club Carlson. He wondered if he could credit the stay to my account. Is this possible.

Or, can he get his own account, and transfer the points to me?
If you book his room from the CC website when logged in as yourself, even though you put his name on the room, you will get the points. I have recent experience with this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.