CC's presence in Spain+Portugal

Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:14 am
Original Poster

Programs: EBG, FBG, SPG Gold, CC Gold, etc.
CC's presence in Spain+Portugal

Hi everyone

I'm quite disappointed with CC's presence on the Iberian peninsula. I can't comprehend why this is the case, especially considering their otherwise stellar availability in northern (and even eastern) parts of Europe.

A (tiny) hotel in Madrid and an airport hotel outside Lisbon does not really meet my expectations.

Does anyone know why?!

(Rant over.)
Old Sep 25, 2013, 1:04 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
First of all, the Radisson Blu in Madrid is actually a very nice property in a great location. (spent 2 nights there in June)

Back to the question at hand, I think that CC is basically not just underrepresented on the Iberian peninsula but in Southern Europe overall. In Italy they only have 3 properties and in Greece they only have 1 propery in Athens. I however would like to note that other large chains seems to have this same issue.

In Spain and Portugal I think the issue is the presence of large local hotel players like AC (which is now part of Marriott), NH Hotels, Melia and Iberostar.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.