Lightbulb New Radisson JFK

http://hotelexecutive.com/newswire/4...port-announced

Looks like the former 5 star dump is about to become a Radisson
One of the lowest rated Doubletree properties ever
Lets hope the renovation/transformation is a success
Not holding my breath unless a Radisson Blu

Last edited by 777 global mile hound; Sep 23, 2013 at 10:03 am
Old Sep 23, 2013, 11:38 am

Programs: CC Concierge,HH Diamond, Melia: Platinum, Hyatt : Platinum, Hertz: Gold
I've seen good transformation before by Radisson. Hopefully this one is worth it.
Old Sep 23, 2013, 12:52 pm
Ambassador: World of Hyatt
Original Poster

Originally Posted by barte
I've seen good transformation before by Radisson. Hopefully this one is worth it.
In Europe agree.US only Radisson Blu has been impressive
Hopefully the Select Comfort/sleep number Bed is history
Clearly one of the worst beds I have ever been on (realize subjective)
I would add also to the bad category the Sheraton Four Points beds and Hilton Garden Inn with the dial that's does nothing to adjust bed comfort.

This former Doubletree has an ancient infrastructure
It would take a lot of $$$$$$ to make this changeover anything more than
Lipstick on an old tired pig
One can hope though
Id love to see a Grand Hyatt at JFK like Dallas
New York is a leading global gateway and deserves a top player
Old Sep 24, 2013, 9:49 pm
Suspended

But the opening is like -- October 10. Doubt very highly they can do an actual "renovation" that quickly. Probably cosmetics only.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 6:02 am

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney
But the opening is like -- October 10. Doubt very highly they can do an actual "renovation" that quickly. Probably cosmetics only.
That is when it changes names. The article says the reno will happen while the hotel is open. So they will start the reno it sounds like right after they take over control of the property.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 7:01 am
Suspended

If my memory doesn't fail me , the building that is now a DT is next to what was built as the Hilton, which is the building on the far left (West) it was a Best Western last and I believe isn't being used today.

But I digress , if the DT is 1 building to the right of that old Hilton, then before it was a DT at some time it was a Radisson.

Ive yet to step inside any Radisson in the US that was reflagged to a Rad that was anything to talk about. Most become a Rad simply cause everyone is smart and wont allow their name to be placed onto the dump. Except the 2 new Blus

Country Inns are another matter and I love them the most in that type of a hotel, yes better then a Fairfield or Hampton
Old Sep 29, 2013, 7:54 pm

I need to stay around JFK on 10/10/2013 but I guess I should hold on booking this property.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
777 Global Mile Hound, thank you for starting this thread. Yes, I just saw this for the first time while trying to book my 1for1 nights - er, night - at the Martinique on Broadway. "Accepting arrivals from October 10, 2103 and beyond!" I don't think of JFK being so far from Manhattan, but it says, "...16.7 miles / 27 kilometers from Downtown."

http://www.radisson.com/jamaica-hotel-ny-11436/usajfny/

Interesting that it's $229 while the Martinique is $242.25 on the dates I'm looking at this month. Hardly a difference. Points+Cash is 5,000 + $137.40 for the dates, but as we've seen, Carlson will vary those numbers all over the map. (Can't see the full points requirement, as it says "0" during my 1for1 search. Will add that number later.)

Could be a free transit night for someone sitting on a bundle of Carlson points and flying through JFK.

Hope they spruce it up. In that vein, 777, and I don't mean to hijack your own thread, but do you know how the Radisson LAX, née Hyatt LAX, fared after the change? I just can't think of a better person or moment to ask what I've wondered ever since it happened. For this thread, am also thinking it could be an indicator of how this will turn out. Thank you - again.

Last edited by Firewind; Oct 5, 2013 at 7:44 pm
Old Oct 5, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Doesn't seem to show how many points are required for an award night.

I need a night at LGA/JFK on 10/9.... guess I'm a day early.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by hobo13
Doesn't seem to show how many points are required for an award night.
Indeed not, through January, anyway. Did also notice that weekdays in January are $229, at the same time the Martinique is $196.

To you again, 777... What's up with such a rate discrepancy?
Old Oct 6, 2013, 12:17 am
Original Poster

reetings from the Melbourne,AU Qantas lounge

Originally Posted by Firewind
Indeed not, through January, anyway. Did also notice that weekdays in January are $229, at the same time the Martinique is $196.

To you again, 777... What's up with such a rate discrepancy?
Firewind thanks for the kind words
My take is the hotel is too new and clueless as to what to charge
What their revenue managers have done in my overview is load rates as if they were shooting at wild game in the air.
They saw what other hotels charge and said lets see what we can get too

JFK hotels due to the shoratge of quality hotels extort what they can
Ever see the below average meh Shertaon JFK at 230- 300 a night?
I pick up a car and drive to Long Island 15- 20 minutes away and stay elsewhere
I did notice some fair cash and point rates too which were about 100 ish plus 5000 points or something like that
If it really sucks at least Radisson has a 100% satisfaction guarantee
If you have to stay at JFK the new Hilton is ok and typically 199 a night with an MVP rate or 40k in points
Old Oct 23, 2013, 12:49 pm
Original Poster

Radisson Hotel JFK Airport Opens

Radisson has announced the opening of the Radisson Hotel JFK Airport, located at 135-30 140th Street, Jamaica/Queens.

October 23, 2013 - With 385 guestrooms, this full-service hotel adjacent to John F. Kennedy International Airport is ideally situated for business or leisure travelers alike.

The hotel offers a variety of rooms types from corner junior suites, king guestrooms to Business Class rooms with upgraded amenities to help business travelers work more efficiently. Additional hotel amenities include 24-hour complimentary airport shuttle to and from John F. Kennedy International Airport, complimentary high-speed wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, a state-of-the-art fitness center and sauna, and a 24-hour business center. Secure, underground guest parking is also available.

Onsite dining at Café 140 offers full-service American menu dining including breakfast, lunch and dinner, or relax in the Liberty Lounge with a hand-crafted cocktail and a small plate. The hotel’s meeting and event space can host a wide variety of conferences, boardroom meetings and social gatherings from 10 people to 350 people.

“We look forward to welcoming both business and leisure guests to come experience our Yes I Can! service,” said Zahid Mubard, general manager of the Radisson Hotel JFK Airport.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 3:07 pm

Programs: AC-SE Hhonors-G IHG-P
Got the same email. I will probably avoid this property until the renovation is complete, based on how bad the reviews are!
Old Oct 23, 2013, 8:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
I got an email touting this property with the absurd notions of:

Enjoy quick access to Midtown Manhattan to see a Tony Award-winning musical on Broadway, enjoy amazing views from atop the Empire State Building
New York Mets fans appreciate being just seven miles from Citi Field
New York Yankees' home at Yankee Stadium is 10 miles away
Families also love visiting Flushing Meadows Park, only eight miles away from the Radisson Hotel JFK Airport
Uh yeah riiiiiiiigggggghhhhhht. No sane individual would ever stay here to do any of the above.
Old Oct 23, 2013, 9:40 pm
Suspended

drove by the place the other day, my hunch was correct, the so called new Radisson isnt new at all, before it became a DT it was a Radisson many yrs ago. Maybe different owners , but it was the exact same building

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.