Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Addis Ababa ET

Search this Thread

Old Jul 14, 2013, 10:49 am
wcj
Original Poster

I searched and did not see a master thread.

Due to routing to SEZ, I'll be here on a late Wed. night through Fri morning. Does anyone have any reviews/thoughts on this hotel? We registered for the premium award room due to breakfast and business lounge.

Vacation time is definitely less than many others here, so we will be hoping to work from the hotel. I would be interested in Internet speed. If not too quick/reliable does anyone have any suggestions around the hotel?
Old Nov 10, 2013, 9:41 am

Programs: AlFursan, AAdvantage, Aeroplan, Avios, Bonvoy, All
Decent hotel, stayed here last week. There is a standing 5$/person airport transfer available from Bole to hotel leaving every hour. Internet speed was good and the hotel is modern and clean and lounge is nice. Hotel bank operates 0800-2000 so if you arrive late, you have to wait to change money.

There is a Tomoca branded coffee shop on the main floor, also the hotel leaves a gift bag of Tomoca coffee for concierge members. You can also buy large bags of the coffee at the shop if you can't make it to the actual shop in town.

Cheers
Old Nov 13, 2013, 6:45 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE

to avoid cross posting I'll refer you to a review I posted in the Club Carlson Elite experience thread on a stay in May 2012.

To summarize, a nice new modern comfortable RBlu experience. I wouldn't object to returning. Do sample the Ethiopian food on the buffet, it was very good. If street noise bothers you ask for a rear facing room, or high floor room if you still want to marvel at it all.

My only objection is it's not near anything and there are no grounds to walk around so you could feel confined if you aren't willing/able to venture out on you own.
Old Nov 13, 2013, 11:59 am
wcj
Original Poster

Thanks guys! I regret I missed the reviews contained in the elite experience thread. Please accept my apologies.
Old May 15, 2017, 10:14 pm
Community Director Emerita

Has anyone stayed both here and at the Sheraton? Which is the better property?
Old May 16, 2017, 9:42 am

Programs: Bonvoy LT Gold, Hilton Silver, Hyatt Discoverist, Hertz PC, National EE
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Has anyone stayed both here and at the Sheraton? Which is the better property?
Do you mean the "Sheraton" Luxury Collection hotel? Are you kidding? That's a Bucket List property! Do whatever you can to get into the "Sheraton." You will never forget it.

The reason I stayed at the Radisson last time was because we were there with the World Economic Forum event but weren't high enough on the food chain to get into the sold out Sheraton or Hilton.
Old May 16, 2017, 9:48 am
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by megalab
Do you mean the "Sheraton" Luxury Collection hotel? Are you kidding? That's a Bucket List property! Do whatever you can to get into the "Sheraton." You will never forget it.
I had no idea! Thank you so much.
Old Aug 22, 2017, 7:30 am

Programs: Flying Blue, Miles and Smiles, Hhonors, ICHotels
Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
I had no idea! Thank you so much.
I was fortunate to have had three stays at the Sheraton over the years. When the AU and other important folk are not in town, then the rates could be had for a reasonable sum. It is a spectacular property, and if your trip coincides with a slow period, then really worth trying to get a room.
SanDiego1K likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.