Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Advice on London Park Plaza - County Hall or Westminster Bridge?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Advice on London Park Plaza - County Hall or Westminster Bridge?

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2016, 1:39 pm

Programs: SAS EBG, Club Carlson Concierge, BW Rewards Platinum, Hhonors Diamond
Have stayed last Summer in both locations. Westminster was totally full so no upgrade but "best available room in the category". County Hall provided room upgrades each time I've been there. Once even to the Penthouse on the top floor (low occupancy, mid-week, one night stay).

Westminster has more rooms for families but is more crowded than County Hall. If you look for a bit quieter, intimate atmosphere go for the County Hall. Location is excellent in both. Service level also solid Park Plaza (****) level.

-reissulasse
Old Dec 23, 2016, 2:15 pm

Taking wife and 6 and 9 year old to London for 6 nights. First Time for the kids. Will be doing all the touristy stuff and few football matches. I wanted to know which of these 2 hotels you recommend prices are pretty similar. We will be there over New Years. I am CC GOLD (through Marriott Status Match).

Is there renovations going on at either property?
Old Dec 23, 2016, 3:57 pm

I would recommend family room at Westminster. We stayed in on with our 8 and 10 year olds. Enough room and a least a modicum of privacy.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 5:15 pm

Was that a King and sofa bed? Everything superior is sold out. I can get a Jr. Suite at the County Hall. Prices are insane for new years.
Old Dec 23, 2016, 10:26 pm

Yes, a king and a sofabed. They are opposite sides of the bathroom, so provide some privacy.
Old Jul 22, 2020, 4:31 am

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge contact

Hi!
I'm completely hijacking this thread, I'm trying to contact the GM or other high representative of the PP Westminster Bridge, for purely business purposes (not booking related).
Wondering if anyone could help me with an email or phone number I'd highly appreciate it!

Thanks,
Ben.
Old Aug 15, 2020, 11:27 pm
Moderator: Hyatt Gold Passport & Star Alliance

Programs: UA-1K 3MM/HY- LT Globalist/BA-GGL/GfL
Just to add my experience from yesterday at the Westminster Bridge

- Joined the Reward queue which closed after serving one customer and left myself and the other guest having to join the back of adjacent queues.
- An hour later when I went through the lobby the wait was 30 - 45 minutes to check-in
- You do have to pick your way through lots of cars parked at the front
- You need to show ID at check-in, UK residents included
- You have to show a reservation or room key on arrival to the security guards
- Lots of Covid steps - room service won't enter room, clean signs everywhere, masks required in public areas
- Nice room with view of Big Ben and the Eye
- Upgrade to nice room with separate living room and bedroom
- Breakfast starts at 7am but all the materials say 0630 on weekends

Last edited by Markie; Aug 16, 2020 at 6:53 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.