Wiki Posts
Search

Club Carlson Credit Card Free Night

Search this Thread

Old Feb 13, 2014, 9:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: all
Originally Posted by azepine00
This is up to hotel and YMMV - i encountered a situation (at IC in europe) when a family member listed in notes with the same last name was denied checkin on a nontransferrable bonus night.
AFAIK Radisson BOGO is not transferable...
The situation is a little different here. The first night is not a bonus night the second night is so not sure how they can deny the first night. The first night is legit..
Old Feb 13, 2014, 4:32 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
Anyone have experience on modifying existing award night? So i have 2 nights award reserved prior to having the card, so 100k total.
Now i have the card, so I was planning to re-book another room so it would only cost 50k. But the award night is no longer available on the property.

I was wondering if they could just adjust my existing reservation, and give me back 50k?
Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by tomy77
Anyone have experience on modifying existing award night? So i have 2 nights award reserved prior to having the card, so 100k total.
Now i have the card, so I was planning to re-book another room so it would only cost 50k. But the award night is no longer available on the property.

I was wondering if they could just adjust my existing reservation, and give me back 50k?

call them and see..YMMV

I only have been able to do it online when there are two nights available
Old Feb 17, 2014, 12:33 pm

Programs: HHonor Dia, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Explorist
They said they couldn't modify it, since there's no more standard room available for points (even though it's available for cash).
I ended up just modify it to premium award instead.

Originally Posted by pantanal
call them and see..YMMV

I only have been able to do it online when there are two nights available

Old Feb 17, 2014, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

They said they couldn't modify it, since there's no more standard room available for points (even though it's available for cash).
I ended up just modify it to premium award instead.
thx
Old Feb 24, 2014, 10:26 am

Programs: AA EP; WN CP;UA SILVER; MARRIOTT TITANIUM; HH DIAMOND; IHG PLAT; RADISSON PLAT; HYATT GLOBAL
I think it depends on property. Once I booked a C&P for my wife and MIL in my name with my account, no issues checking in. I had called hotel beforehand.
Old Feb 25, 2014, 4:44 am

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, UA Silver
Originally Posted by Majikow
Does anyone know how long after you are approved for the credit card the free night starts appearing when you try to book in your Club Carlson account?

UPDATE: In my case it took 9 days after account approval.
Out of curiosity- did you have the physical card in hand at that point, or did the functionality appear just due to approval? My approval seems to have gotten stuck, and given the 2-3 week time to then get the physical card, I'm likely to miss the 14th deadline to use my existing points for free nights before devaluation. If it is just after approval, though, I should make it...
Old Feb 25, 2014, 11:21 am

Did anyone stay on the 2x1 reservation after the card has been closed?
I made a booking a while ago and cancelled the card since then. The booking still shows fine in my account, with a 'The Total Points amount shown here reflects your Bonus Award Night' memo. Wonder whether I should make a precautionary backup reservation for a second night or just hope it goes well.

The part that concerns me is in the terms and conditions:
Bonus Award Night Details:
The Club Carlson Member must have a valid Club Carlson Visa card

Wonder if it applies at the booking time or stay time
Old Feb 26, 2014, 4:42 am
Original Poster

that's a tricky one

i think this is one of those YMMV
Old Feb 26, 2014, 9:03 am

My stay is in early April. I'll report back on how it goes. Very curious myself.
After the card was cancelled, I was still considered a cardholder on Carlson website for almost two month, having the ability to book 2x1
Old Feb 27, 2014, 1:28 am
Original Poster

it could very well work as the system gives you the nights at the time of the reservation. will be interesting if they try and claw back points.
Old Mar 12, 2014, 2:48 pm

Originally Posted by Majikow
Does anyone know how long after you are approved for the credit card the free night starts appearing when you try to book in your Club Carlson account?

UPDATE: In my case it took 9 days after account approval.
Different slant... if I make a reservation prior to receiving the card, can I go back and update the reservation information to apply the card and get the bonus night?
Old Mar 12, 2014, 5:21 pm

Another puzzler: Can we get 4 nights free?

Wife and I have separate Visa Biz cards with Club Carlson. My wife and daughter (18) are travelling (not me). All 3 of us have points accounts though.

My goal is to get the two of them in a hotel, both doing a 1+1.

If I put my daughter down as an authorized user on my card, (and she gets her own card on my account), does that mean she can qualify for the "last night free" using my points? If no, what if I first move some of my points into her account? Does her having a card on my credit card account allow her to qualify for the 2nd night?

Has anyone tried something like this?
Old Mar 13, 2014, 3:15 pm

Originally Posted by BigEdInVancouver
Wife and I have separate Visa Biz cards with Club Carlson. My wife and daughter (18) are travelling (not me). All 3 of us have points accounts though.

My goal is to get the two of them in a hotel, both doing a 1+1.

If I put my daughter down as an authorized user on my card, (and she gets her own card on my account), does that mean she can qualify for the "last night free" using my points? If no, what if I first move some of my points into her account? Does her having a card on my credit card account allow her to qualify for the 2nd night?

Has anyone tried something like this?
Called it in and got a "no, only the main cardholder gets the benefit (and they must be in the room)".

Need to ponder some workarounds now
Old Mar 17, 2014, 2:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by BigEdInVancouver
Called it in and got a "no, only the main cardholder gets the benefit (and they must be in the room)".

Need to ponder some workarounds now
Why can't your daughter get her own card?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.