Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Bangkok

Search this Thread

Old Jan 1, 2015, 3:29 am

Programs: UA/AA
I made a points reservation at this property a long time ago for New Year's Eve and the following day. Arrived at the designated time of 2 pm to check in and was told the room is not ready yet. Ok , I will go have lunch and come back later. Could you please call my cell phone when it is ready ? Sure, will do. I return at 4 pm and get into my room. At 5:30 the reception desk calls to inform me that my room is ready now. I just laugh and tell them I know because I am already in it!
No wash cloths in the bathroom so I call to request them. A lengthy conversation ensues using both Thai and English trying to explain exactly what I am requesting. After a few minutes of back and forth , they finally understand what a wash cloth is. They are then delivered.
Next day, housekeeping come to make up the room, very well, except no fresh bath towels, hand towels, or wash cloths were provided. I am left with one clean bath towel. No bottles of water either. I have to call to request the clean towels.
So my question is , how can this hotel, with the rates they are charging, consider itself to be a four star hotel with these type of lapses in such simple basic service ?

Last edited by Paiteaw; Jan 1, 2015 at 12:11 pm
Old Jan 1, 2015, 6:51 am

Originally Posted by Paiteaw
I made a points reservation at this property a long time ago for New Year's Eve and the following day. Arrived at the designated time of 2 pm to check in and am told the room is not ready yet. Ok , I will go have lunch and come back later. Could you please call my cell phone when it is ready ? Sure, will do. I return at 4 pm and get into my room. At 5:30 the reception desk calls to inform me that my room is ready now. I just laugh and tell them I know because I am already in it!
No wash cloths in the bathroom so I call to request them. A lengthy conversation ensues using both Thai and English trying to explain exactly what I am requesting. After a few minutes of back and forth , they finally understand what a wash cloth is. They are then delivered.
Next day, housekeeping come to make up the room, very well, except no fresh bath towels, hand towels, or wash cloths were provided. I am left with one clean bath towel. No bottles of water either. I have to call to request the clean towels.
So my question is , how can this hotel, with the rates they are charging, consider itself to be a four star hotel with these type of lapses in such simple basic service ?
Did you put the towel on the floor? If you have read the small card, it says they will replace the towel if you put it on the floor.
Old Jan 1, 2015, 12:09 pm

Yes, they were all on the floor.
Old Jan 2, 2015, 9:52 pm

I didn't encounter your problem. If you got their email survey, you should tell them your experience you described.
Old May 26, 2015, 5:40 pm

I booked a room with pts and i got an eupgrade request for 1800 bhat request to a business class room with lounge privileges. Should I agree to that? or do you get an upgrade to the lounge as a gold?

Thanks
Old May 26, 2015, 9:20 pm

No free lounge access given for gold.
Old May 26, 2015, 10:30 pm

How is the lounge? is it worth the price difference?

Thanks
Old May 27, 2015, 4:09 am

There is a good city view since it is on an upper floor. I would not be inclined to pay that amount for a lounge, but whether it is worth it is up to you of course. A few good meals could be had for that amount.
Old May 27, 2015, 6:40 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
Originally Posted by xcalibir
I booked a room with pts and i got an eupgrade request for 1800 bhat request to a business class room with lounge privileges. Should I agree to that? or do you get an upgrade to the lounge as a gold?

Thanks
Is this THB 1,800 per night?

This is around $55, is there a ++ attached to it? Which would boast it by another ~18% (or $10)
Old May 28, 2015, 6:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that

Thanks
I was given a similar offer but for 2000++ for a stay last week. When I stated the e-standby upgrade was being offered for 1400++ they asked for a copy of the offer and they would match it.

For a stay next week I just received an email offering the business room etc for 1500++.... and of course the estandby is again being offered for 1400++.

Granted one is guaranteed and one is only in the case of availability, but this time of year the hotel will not be at high occupancy for the most part.

Originally Posted by Kalboz
Is this THB 1,800 per night?

This is around $55, is there a ++ attached to it? Which would boast it by another ~18% (or $10)
Yes, it is ++ so factor in 17.7%.

I didn't accept my offers and was given a corner room on the upper floors which was nice and adequate. There's a great guay tiao place directly across Sukhumvit that is perfect for breakfast and I don't view the costs for the upgrade as being worth it solely for a few cups of coffee and some evening cocktails.

But that's me.
Old May 28, 2015, 8:19 am

How late is the lounge open? can you get drinks 24/7? 1800 per night does seem like a lot for a stupid lounge.
Old May 29, 2015, 7:53 am
Marriott Contributor BadgeWyndham Contributor Badge

Programs: Hertz PC, Hilton DMD, IHG Spire Amb, Bonvoy Titanium Elite & WoH Globalist
How late is the lounge open? can you get drinks 24/7? 1800 per night does seem like a lot for a stupid lounge.
As in the case with every hotel executive lounge, I presume they have refreshments throughout the day. But alcoholic beverages are limited to happy hour, I am very sure. And yes, $65 extra per night is way too much! For comparison sake, at the Intercontinental Resort Hua Hin (beachfront posh property), we paid less than $100 per night for these privileges but it was for 4 people and included breakfast at their restaurant, high tea time, happy hour with canapes and cocktails, and refreshments (water, soda, juices) throughout the day.

Many other options in town such as the Hilton and the DT by Hilton right next to the Emporium on the opposite side of Sukhumvit closer to BTS station (Phrom Phong) both offering executive lounge privileges to Gold & Diamond members.

Originally Posted by dsquared37
I didn't accept my offers and was given a corner room on the upper floors which was nice and adequate. There's a great guay tiao place directly across Sukhumvit that is perfect for breakfast and I don't view the costs for the upgrade as being worth it solely for a few cups of coffee and some evening cocktails.

But that's me.
If this is strictly to burn your club carlson points before the June 1st devaluation, it is a good deal. There are plenty of shops in Bangkok offering delicious jooq and breakfast noodles - there is actually a good one on Sukhumvit 27.
Old May 30, 2015, 1:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by Kalboz

If this is strictly to burn your club carlson points before the June 1st devaluation, it is a good deal. There are plenty of shops in Bangkok offering delicious jooq and breakfast noodles - there is actually a good one on Sukhumvit 27.
It's not strictly to burn points but yeah, I'm in burn mode.
Old Jun 2, 2015, 7:12 am

This past weekend, I made good use of my Club Clarson visa 2nd night free privilege at the radisson blu bangkok.

Hotel is new & luxurious. As a CC gold, I was upgraded to a grand deluxe room. The hotel was also having a spectacular breakfast buffet promo. "Buy 1 Get 1 free". For 650THB++, 2 people could eat! Incredible value. The "super breakfast" was awesome.

Banana smoothies, Young coconut juice, sushi, iberian ham, dim sum, eggs, noodles, peeled lychees!
Old Jun 2, 2015, 10:33 am

Yeah , it is a nice new hotel. Stayed there on New Year's Eve and watched fireworks all over the city from an upper floor. Very comfortable room with a view.
I booked 12 nights there burning all my points. Also booked New Year's Eve of 2016. The breakfast sounds good, I will have to give that a try in November.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.