Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Martinique New York City

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2014, 7:45 am

Originally Posted by N_Phoenix
Agreed, this hotel actually cut off all rooms a few weeks ago. The only time I actually want to use CC points and they pull this stunt.

No more CC for me.
It's not just the Martinique. I'm looking to stay at the CIS in Long Island City and the dates are unavailable for reward nights.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 3:10 pm

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, SWA A-list +
Originally Posted by carraher
It's not just the Martinique. I'm looking to stay at the CIS in Long Island City and the dates are unavailable for reward nights.
on May 19th I emailed the Martinique - emailed me back with some mumbo jumbo about no rooms for points, but they clearly have the classic king bed for sale on the website.
Old Jun 11, 2014, 5:18 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by smilinganddialing
was told by CC reps that the "No Blackout" statement on the website is incorrect.
Once it should be a class action or anything against them. False advertising...
Old Jun 13, 2014, 6:47 am

Programs: AA, Delta, United, SW, HH, MR, SPG, Choice
Originally Posted by Mbcijim10
If you're asking where the short lines are, the answer is yes. Only problem is they stop at the 17th floor for some reason. Staying on the 18th floor I still found it quicker to use the back elevators and walk up the stairs.
Elevator on my stay June 6-8th was still not working. First time I used the back elevator and walked up the stairs as others have indicated. Other times were not during peak hours and the wait time was manageable. Really liked this location and I did use points so I am hoping the hotel doesn't stop with reward stays.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 8:26 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Originally Posted by envgeo
Quote:

on May 19th I emailed the Martinique - emailed me back with some mumbo jumbo about no rooms for points, but they clearly have the classic king bed for sale on the website.
I would call Club Carlson Customer Service about this! It is my understanding that as long as the lowest category of rooms is available for sale then you should be able to book an award night.

As for the general availability of rooms at this hotel, I think we need to keep in mind that CC has ONE hotel in NYC and I'm sure it is one of the most popular hotels to book on points. Hotel is also a big airline crew hotel so I'm sure that reduces the revenue/award rooms for a given night since those contracts are also typically for the lowest category rooms.
Old Jun 13, 2014, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by christianj
As for the general availability of rooms at this hotel, I think we need to keep in mind that CC has ONE hotel in NYC and I'm sure it is one of the most popular hotels to book on points. Hotel is also a big airline crew hotel so I'm sure that reduces the revenue/award rooms for a given night since those contracts are also typically for the lowest category rooms.
They removed rooms or changed the classification a few weeks ago. I could find availability without issue. Now, there is absolutely nothing available for the rest of the year.
Old Jun 17, 2014, 12:51 pm

I was looking into staying here in September and now CC has pulled the rug out from under me. Is there anything that I can do to make them let me use points? Or at least points and cash?

I was under the impression that if they hotel had a room available, it would be available for points.

Thanks!
Old Jun 17, 2014, 3:37 pm

They are showing reward night availibility now. In my opinion, this hotel gives the most bang for the buck/points in NYC.
Old Jun 22, 2014, 12:33 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
They are showing reward night availibility now. In my opinion, this hotel gives the most bang for the buck/points in NYC.
I'm still finding nights when (what I think is) the entry level room (class guest - 1 bed) is for sale with cash, but not available with points...
Old Jun 22, 2014, 7:06 pm

Just got back from a 2 night (BOGO with the credit card) point stay. I posted my review on the Elite Experience thread. They tried to make me pay for 1 night, the middle elevator up front is still broken, the bathroom is tiny and the lounge stinks. But the location can't be beat. Would definitely stay again on points
Old Jul 10, 2014, 12:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
There now seems to be a month-by-month availability calendar when searching for an award stay, or at least I never noticed it before. I took another look at early December for the Martinique.

EVERY SINGLE DAY from today until 12/31/14 is not available for award stays.
EVERY SINGLE DAY in 2015 to the apparent end-of-calendar is available.

I refuse to believe that there is not a total 6-month-long blackout going on at this hotel, which, last I checked, is against the T&Cs of the program. Yes, I know about the possibility of "certain room types" being reserved up, but I'd bet anything that's not what is happening.

I wrote CC a couple weeks ago and heard nothing back. Top notch, guys.

Last edited by toomanybooks; Jul 10, 2014 at 12:45 pm
Old Jul 30, 2014, 1:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Just checked again for a 2-night stay on points at the Martinique.

1. Not a single night available for check-in the rest of 2014.
2. Every night in 2015 available for check-in, except 12/31/15.

"No blackout dates," my azz.
Old Aug 1, 2014, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by toomanybooks
Just checked again for a 2-night stay on points at the Martinique.

1. Not a single night available for check-in the rest of 2014.
2. Every night in 2015 available for check-in, except 12/31/15.

"No blackout dates," my azz.
You can check 17 months in advance?
Old Aug 1, 2014, 9:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by dsquared37
You can check 17 months in advance?
Appeared so. Of course, it's 75K. All the 50Ks are sold out already, of course.

Scam.

Your Search New York, NY, United States | Dec 30, 2015 – Jan 01, 2016 | 1 Room | 1 Adult, 0 Children
Club Carlson - Premium Award-Club Level Room
Average Nightly Rate* 75,000 points per night Rate Details
Old Aug 4, 2014, 7:36 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
So has anyone been successful calling CC and complaining about the lack of availability? With the month view calendar, it's pretty easy to see that NOTHING is available for 2014. How does CC explain this?

I'd like a two-night BOGO stay. Have pretty good flexibility. But nada.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.