Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Martinique New York City

Search this Thread

Old May 17, 2013, 2:55 pm

Programs: KLM Gold
Thx for all the feedback re:free breakfast. I'll definitely ask for coupons if I'm not provided by default
Old May 17, 2013, 7:02 pm

Originally Posted by meheeco
Thx for all the feedback re:free breakfast. I'll definitely ask for coupons if I'm not provided by default
Technically you only get it if you get upgraded to Exec. Club level rooms, or you book a Breakfast package

Also, make sure you input the correct # of adults as you get 1 coupon per adult.
I had to ask to get 2nd coupon for my wife as my free night booking default to 1 person (I forgot to change to 2 since I know it'll be the same price anyway)
Old May 24, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: KLM Gold
Checked in today and got upgraded to Executive Club room incl free breakfast for all 5 nights without asking despite them being split between a total of 4 reservations and a mix of cash, awards and 1 for 1 promotions. The fact that one of the nights was booked in my wife's name (a 1 for 1 promo) and that she has no status didn't matter either.

Great service
Old Aug 2, 2013, 2:39 pm

Programs: DL, SPG, HH,
Thanks for this thread. I was staying at the IC Barclays, and wasn't happy. Switched over to the Martinique. Just checked in, Gold status. Used stay-one-get-one cert from last year.
Upgraded to Penthouse floor (17th floor). Got 2 drink vouchers, 2 free breakfast buffet vouchers. Big room (per NYC standards) with sofa bed, sink, microwave, Keurig coffee maker.

Nice folks in the lobby. A lot of airline staff stay here. Def an upgrade from the Barclay.

I agree that they need to make the executive floor lounge a "real" lounge. I called and asked for a wine opener. They brought me one. Wanted to know when I'd be done with it because it was the only one they had... They need a few more of those if they want to have a real executive floor lounge.
Old Aug 3, 2013, 7:48 am

Originally Posted by agoogilydoogily
Thanks for this thread. I was staying at the IC Barclays, and wasn't happy. Switched over to the Martinique. Just checked in, Gold status. Used stay-one-get-one cert from last year.
Upgraded to Penthouse floor (17th floor). Got 2 drink vouchers, 2 free breakfast buffet vouchers. Big room (per NYC standards) with sofa bed, sink, microwave, Keurig coffee maker.

Nice folks in the lobby. A lot of airline staff stay here. Def an upgrade from the Barclay.

I agree that they need to make the executive floor lounge a "real" lounge. I called and asked for a wine opener. They brought me one. Wanted to know when I'd be done with it because it was the only one they had... They need a few more of those if they want to have a real executive floor lounge.
Indeed, I couldn't call it a "lounge", more like a "space with spare sofas"

When I bumped into an FA in the elevator, he said he's with Altalia
Nice (and $) of the airline to put crews in downtown NYC instead of JFK hotels
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:07 pm

Programs: AC*E50, SPG/Marriott Plat
Just checked in at the Radisson Martinique, the gold status recognition is not here anymore, at least for me.
They said they upgraded me into a "King Executive room", got a room with no view at all (it is even difficult to see the sky) on the 4th floor, next to the elevators (you can hear them ring) which doesn't look bigger than the other one on the floor point. They said the room is bigger because there is a sofa, so this is the upgrade (even if they don't sell any "executive room" on the website - just "club room with breakfast and lounge access" and "executive suite").
No breakfast coupon, no access to any lounge, no letter, no welcome amenity.
So, at least say "it is a free night so be happy with our basic lower level room" instead of "you have been upgraded"... Would definitely be unhappy if I had paid for the room.
Old Oct 9, 2013, 11:48 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Yul_voyager
Just checked in at the Radisson Martinique, the gold status recognition is not here anymore, at least for me.
They said they upgraded me into a "King Executive room", got a room with no view at all (it is even difficult to see the sky) on the 4th floor, next to the elevators (you can hear them ring) which doesn't look bigger than the other one on the floor point. They said the room is bigger because there is a sofa, so this is the upgrade (even if they don't sell any "executive room" on the website - just "club room with breakfast and lounge access" and "executive suite").
No breakfast coupon, no access to any lounge, no letter, no welcome amenity.
So, at least say "it is a free night so be happy with our basic lower level room" instead of "you have been upgraded"... Would definitely be unhappy if I had paid for the room.
Stayed here for 5 nights around Labor Day, and had the same experience. Nothing special, and no breakfast.
Old Nov 16, 2013, 11:22 am

Programs: Flying Blue Silver, Club Carlson Gold
Here are my thoughts after a 5 night stay last week.

I arrived pretty late with my dad and brother. We were greeted by a lady at the front desk and I gave her my credit card and our passports. I was not recognized as a CC Gold at all... I asked if there were a room with a sleeping couch because we were three adults. Her response: I am not sure, hmm I dont think so, but the room I got for you is pretty nice."

She put us in 1616 which might have been an upgrade(???) considering the higher floor and "view" of 32nd st. The room was pretty small, but hey, its NY

Had a late night dinner at the Cafe downstairs. Their systems were down and we could only pay cash. It was not possible to charge it to the room - so no gold points...! I was served a dry burger with black burnt onions on it. I had to pay extra for the onions. We had breakfast there the next morning, but had breakfast at "Niles" at hotel Affinia the rest of the days. Great place and much better.

We had a late flight out of JFK, and I called the front desk the night before to see if we could check out a little later than 11 am. She told me to call the next morning. I called around 8 and after a long time on hold they told me we could stay until 2 pm. It didnt seem like they really wanted us to stay longer, so I felt like we were a burden. Shouldnt be like that.

I checked out and the lady told me that my CC number was on the reservation and thanked me for being a member - Still not recognized as Gold.

Conclution - Nice hotel with a overpriced and average restaurant. Didnt really expect much of an upgrade considering my long stay, but it would have been nice to be recognized as Gold and told that there were no other rooms available. I was really walking around thinking they didn´t notice that I was Gold. I am only 24 and might not be the "normal" Gold Elite.. Great location, but would rather stay at another hotel next time i visit NYC. Compared to the other Radisson´s I normally stay at (LAX and SF Bay Front) the Martinique does not seem like a Club Carlson hotel, so don´t expect anything out of the ordinary..
Old Nov 17, 2013, 10:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: WN CP, Hilton Diamond
I am CC Gold. Just checked out after 2-night stay. Used free nights from last year's promo (self and wife). Booked King, asked for 2-bedded room on check-in as son was along. Given 1639, which appears to be accessible room (huge bathroom with several grab-bars). Room was $315 when booked a month ago , down to $200 a few days ahead.

Nice staff, but no one offered breakfast and I forgot to ask, as I rarely stay at Radisson. FD gal said they were 95% full.

Love the location pretty close to Times Square but not loud all night. No complaints. This would be a great deal for cardholders with the free night.
Old Nov 18, 2013, 4:15 pm

their club lounge is nothing but a room with a few chairs and sofa
Old Nov 18, 2013, 8:23 pm

Programs: DL, Amex MR
Looks like for the most recent award stays having Gold doesn't make much of a difference. At least people are getting a nice deal for 50k/2nights with the US Bank CC.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:03 pm

I have the visa, thus status. I booked 2 nights for total of 50k points. On check in was offered breakfast certs at their lounge. I did not get to the 18th floor, was offered an executive room that did not have a view. No biggie. The room was decent sized with coffee table and a couch and business desk. The bathroom was very small tho.

I missed my breakfast and and when asked if i could go for lunch, they offered $15 cert per person.
They also let me trade them for Petit poulet's prixe fixe breakfast.
The staff didnt replenish all my toiletry stuff but did make my beds. In the late afternoon there was a lady knocking on people's doors to make sure everything was ok and offered to replenish whatever that I needed.
Very good location, literally in front of major subway stops. It does get a little confusing on which exit to take when you are trying to get back tho. Not their fault but due to the large size of the station there.
Old Nov 27, 2013, 9:12 pm

Programs: HHonors Diamond
Stayed here for three nights. First night was paid, next two were award nights. Was able to set things up at check-in to stay in the same room all three nights without having to check out and points have posted correctly for the paid night. No club upgrade as Gold member, was given a room on the 15th floor. Room was nice and decent-sized by NYC standards. Got breakfast certificates, only used one, quality was rather mediocre IMO.

The place was indeed slammed with airline crews...seemed like mostly Skyteam.
Old Nov 28, 2013, 12:28 am

Programs: PC Platinum, Hyatt GP Diamond, Club Carlson Gold
I stayed there on Nov 8 for two nights, CC Gold.
Check In: Very incompetent FD agent. Could not type my name properly by looking at my ID. Said there is no booking under this name!

Next, I asked about "lounge access." She said there are sofas there
I asked about food. No response.
After a long tirade I mentioned that the system upgraded me to a nicer room with lounge access.

She finally got the point and gave me breakfast vouchers for only one day.
I did not ask for my second day. I gave up.
I got drink vouchers which did the expected job.

Check Out:Another agent could not split the bill for a shared room for 15 minutes.

Overall, a very subpar/mediocre stay. I stayed on Friends & Family rate. Would not pay out of pocket to stay there.

A very impersonal hotel. As NYC hotel occupancy hovers around 85%, I expect the hotel to get worse and not care about elite CC members.

RM
Old Dec 10, 2013, 6:29 pm

Programs: AA Ex Plt
Just had a 2 night stay as a Gold. Upgraded to PH2 which is the top floor. Big room for NYC. Lounge access but there is nothing but coffee/tea and water. No vouchers for breakfast - but I didn't ask (should have read and refreshed here bf my stay). Great location. Staff attentive since I was checking at the same time as a bus load guests and was checked in on the side after mentioning that I was going to be late for a show (Bolt Bus very delayed so I booked Amtrak last minute [thank you UR points] but an Acela in front of us died and we had to take those passengers on the regional argh!!!). Also, the location is fantastic. I'll go back.

Cheers -

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.