Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5, 2013, 7:58 am

Stayed for the Cup last year. Got an upgrade after complaining about construction noise. Having Rusland across the street was very nice. Gezellig?
Old Jun 25, 2015, 7:01 am

Programs: M&M,HH Gold,Accor Plat.,Priority Club Plat. Ambassador,Club Carlson Gold,Marriott Gold,GHA Plat.
Radisson Blu Amsterdam

I've been in RB Amsterdam for 4 nights: 2 std rate + 2 award nights (70.000 pts each).

The property is splitted in 2 buildings: the one where you have to check-in is the less renovated and with several rooms with internal view on the hall (frankly very poor!)
The second building is much more nicer and has the best rooms, all renovated.
Breakfast was good, even if not the best I had in a RB.

Property is perfectly located in the city center, just few minutes for every major attraction

Personally I initially received a Business class room (very small) then moved to a Business Class Room Canal View: the last room is spacious and nice, with a wonderful sight on the canal.

Initially no welcome gift recived, then 2 chocolates (one was already unwrapped by someone else!)

Staff is 50/50: some are very nice and helpful, others less; the worst experience I had with Iwona, which was so rude that I've never experienced something similar in the past.

I suggest this property if the rate is very good, frankly IMHO 70.000 pts/night is too much expensive.
Furthermore poor status recognition IMO.

Last edited by Paul4Travel; Jun 25, 2015 at 11:33 am
Old Oct 1, 2016, 5:28 pm

I was here for two nights and this property was just okay. I wasn't given an upgrade. A bottle of water and a small box of chocolate with two pieces was waiting for us in our room though. I'm assuming that was the gold amenity. I was offered an upcharge for a higher room, but I passed. The service here was nonexistent. There was no interaction with the staff.

The room was decent size, but the air condition was horrible. The rooms were really stuffy and hot, with no way to override it. The internet speed was decent.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't think this hotel is centrally located. Food options are a good 10-15 min walk away. When I think centrally located, I would like food options to be right downstairs or at least on the same block. It was fine in the daytime to walk to find food, but when I wanted something in the evening, it was a pain for me to find food. Central station is also a good 15 min walk away. I did the walk and it was fine, but I would've preferred a train/tram ride from the station to the hotel which you can do at say the Andaz. You can technically take the tram/train, but you still need to walk about 8 minutes so it's technically not close. When I think of a hotel in a central location, I think the public transportation is right down the block.

The king bed here is also not a true king. It's two twins put together. The bed was also on the hard side and the pillows were very flat.

An uber from the hotel costed me about $37 USD after the conversion. Public transportation to the airport is a bit of headache, with having to walk 10 min, dragging luggage and transferring so I recommend taking a taxi/uber. The hotel charges roughly 48 euros.

I won't be staying here again. It wasn't convenient to get to/from Central Station and the airport. I know they are different brands, but I prefer the Andaz.

Last edited by cruisingmickey; Oct 1, 2016 at 5:55 pm
Old Feb 6, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: S7 Gold (OW Sapphire), TAP Gold (* Gold), IHG Spire, Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Explorist
Smile Review of Radisson Blu Amsterdam, Club Carlson Gold member

Review of Radisson Blu Amsterdam, as Club Carlson Gold member:

Booked Standard Room on 2for1 rate @ 99€ / night + tax

Given upgrade to Business class room but ELITE upgrades (rather than paid ones) are not eligible for free breakfast. Also had late check-out agreed for 2pm.

Location is superb, right in the heart of Amsterdam. 15min walk from Centraal Station or a quick uber ride.

Paid for breakfast on one of the nights, excellent selection with cooked to order omelettes, eggs and waffles (highly recommended), great range of pastries and fresh juices etc.. €26pp a bit steep though.

There is a Sauna with nice super cold shower next to fitness centre in basment but no pool.

There is the main building and one accross the street which is accessed via a 30 sec walkway on -1 floor.

Internet nice and fast, had Nespresso machine in the room and they were happy to provide additional pods on request.

Business class room was very spacious and lovely high ceilings. Underfloor heating in the well appointed but compact bathroom was also a nice touch.

Nb. They have a rather pricey minibar and it has those automatic sensors that charges you if an item is removed, so caution advised.

Overall: The location at the hotel is difficult to beat as you are within a short walk of main areas of interest. A clean, modern and rather stylish Radisson, it's definitely worth considering if you can get a rate under €150/160 per night. Nice Elite recognition but a shame to not have breakfast offered as part of those perks. 8/10

Originally Posted by cruisingmickey
I was here for two nights and this property was just okay. I wasn't given an upgrade. A bottle of water and a small box of chocolate with two pieces was waiting for us in our room though. I'm assuming that was the gold amenity. I was offered an upcharge for a higher room, but I passed. The service here was nonexistent. There was no interaction with the staff.

The room was decent size, but the air condition was horrible. The rooms were really stuffy and hot, with no way to override it. The internet speed was decent.

I may be in the minority here, but I don't think this hotel is centrally located. Food options are a good 10-15 min walk away. When I think centrally located, I would like food options to be right downstairs or at least on the same block. It was fine in the daytime to walk to find food, but when I wanted something in the evening, it was a pain for me to find food. Central station is also a good 15 min walk away. I did the walk and it was fine, but I would've preferred a train/tram ride from the station to the hotel which you can do at say the Andaz. You can technically take the tram/train, but you still need to walk about 8 minutes so it's technically not close. When I think of a hotel in a central location, I think the public transportation is right down the block.

The king bed here is also not a true king. It's two twins put together. The bed was also on the hard side and the pillows were very flat.

An uber from the hotel costed me about $37 USD after the conversion. Public transportation to the airport is a bit of headache, with having to walk 10 min, dragging luggage and transferring so I recommend taking a taxi/uber. The hotel charges roughly 48 euros.

I won't be staying here again. It wasn't convenient to get to/from Central Station and the airport. I know they are different brands, but I prefer the Andaz.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.