Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Radisson Plaza Warwick Philadelphia to be converted to Radisson Blu

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Plaza Warwick Philadelphia to be converted to Radisson Blu

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2013, 10:46 am
Original Poster

Radisson Blu Warwick Philadelphia - leaving CC?

Another Radisson Blu property in the US!

http://www.carlson.com/news-and-medi...rticle=6590588

The Warwick seems to already have favorable reviews, so it's good to hear that it's going to become one of the top properties in the US. Renovations are supposed to be finished by late summer 2013. I figure this thread could keep us updated on the timeline. I wouldn't mind visiting Philly in the fall.

Last edited by bombnthud; Feb 24, 2016 at 12:45 pm
Old Mar 5, 2013, 11:51 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Great news! I had noticed that this hotel got overall good reviews on TA and the improvements can only make it better. I am glad there is a push to expand the Blu higher end hotels in the US. Now if they would just sign a hotel for the Blu brand in NYC and other larger US markets we would all be very happy.
Old Apr 26, 2013, 8:43 am

Trip Report - April 18 to April 22, 2013

My wife and I just returned from a four night stay at this property, where we hosted a wedding reception for a our daughter on Saturday evening.

As has been previously noted, a large scale renovation is presently underway, in conjunction with upgrading the hotel to the Radisson Blu category. It appeared that only floors 10 to 12 were available for occupancy. (Also, please note that all floors above 12 are part of a residential condominium and not the hotel.)

Several of our guests stayed in the newly decorated rooms, and were pleased with their appearance and utility. Our family occupied two suites on the 12th floor, one of which was either the presidential or bridal suite, and neither appeared to have been updated, along with the rest of the floor. The suites were nonetheless in good repair.

The service provided by staff members at the hotel, and we dealt with nearly all departments, ranged from very good to excellent.

We did not make use of the restaurant or bar, so can not comment on these facilities. The catering at our cocktail hour prior to the reception, the reception itself and a brunch that we hosted on Sunday morning was very good.

This was our first stay at this property, as we normally gravitate to the Hyatt Regency at Penns Landing, on our six or seven yearly personal trips to Philadelphia. I am not certain that I am prepared to say that I am ready to shift our business to the Warwick, but this is largely due to my having Diamond status with Hyatt, but Gold with Club Carlson.

One mitigating factor in favor of the Warwick is its location. Nearly anything that you might want to see or do in Center City, is easily within a 30 minute walk of the hotel's front door, while the Hyatt is in a somewhat remote location.

A final point worth mentioning is parking. The Warwick offers valet service to its overnight guests for a reasonable $30.00. It never took more than 10 minutes for our car to be brought to the hotel once we called for it. If you prefer self-parking there are several decks in close proximity to the hotel. Anyone planning to drive to the Warwick should also know that even though it carries a Locust Street address, the front door is actually on S. 17th Street, between Walnut and Locust.

In summary, this was a very positive guest experience.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 12:52 pm

FYI, if you haven't seen in your mailbox, Carlson is sending out 25% off ecerts to this hotel. just got mine today.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 10:35 am

Programs: AA LTP, UA, DL, HH, Marriott/SPG
According to the CC website, the hotel will no longer be a Radisson Blu effective 4/1/16. I don't know what it will become. All I was told by the hotel was that it's leaving Club Carlson.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 1:08 pm

Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
According to the CC website, the hotel will no longer be a Radisson Blu effective 4/1/16. I don't know what it will become. All I was told by the hotel was that it's leaving Club Carlson.
Ugh, I have one of my last 2-for-1 credit card points bookings for Memorial Day weekend. I hope they honor those bookings!
Old Feb 7, 2016, 2:12 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
Originally Posted by I Love to Travel
Wow, so that leaves just three US Radisson Blu properties, with two being in the Minneapolis area, and with nothing new in the near term pipeline.
Old Feb 7, 2016, 5:26 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
On the bright side, maybe the chain (IF it's a chain) that takes over the Warwick Philly will require a reasonable number of free points for an award room! The 70K point price is insane!
Old Feb 8, 2016, 7:43 pm

And one less nice property to use the free night cert
Old Feb 8, 2016, 9:34 pm
dw

Programs: DL Plat, AA Plat Pro, Marriott Titanium, IHG Diamond Amb
I know it's only one property, but it only exacerbates the footprint problem Carlson is having in the US with losing (or not having in the first place) city center properties.
Old Feb 8, 2016, 11:01 pm

Programs: Wyndham Diamond
The title of the thread should probably be updated
Old Feb 9, 2016, 6:55 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
This news really is a bit of a shocker to me since they didn't renovate that long ago to become a Blu property! I guess it makes more sense for the owners to have spent the money to renovate and now leave CC rather than stay with them. Strange especially considering they have been a Radisson property for a while. Clearly the deal they are getting with another chain (if they are indeed joining another chain) outweighs staying with CC. My guess would be that they don't take on a major flag like Marriott, Hilton or Westin but rather go the route of joining The Autograph or Luxury Collection part of a major chain....even though Hyatt desperately needs a nice hotel in the city......maybe this could convert to an Andaz??? Wishful thinking!
Old Feb 16, 2016, 3:57 pm

Programs: UA 1P / *A Gold, SPG Plat, Club Carlson Concierge, Amtrak S+
The front desk said it's been bought by a Hawaiian chain. Something
along the lines of "Coco Kauai" but I may have misheard the actual name.
Old Feb 16, 2016, 4:11 pm

Programs: Avis Pref+, Hyatt Explorist, Marriott Life Gold, Honors Silver, IHG Plat via MC.
Novagal, that's so funny! I can just imagine an ad: 'Stay at the Coco Kaual for a touch of aloha spirit in Downtown Philly! ' ROFLMAO
Old Feb 26, 2016, 10:05 am

Has anyone heard if they are going to honor existing points reservations beyond the April transition date? I have a 2-night free stay booked for May and it is still showing in my Club Carlson account. I don't want to rock the boat and call/ask, but I was wondering if anyone heard anything either way. I was thinking I might need to book a speculative alternative if necessary.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.