Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2013, 3:08 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, BA Lounge Rats, BA Audit Survivors, CW Kitchen Defender, CX Noodle Connoisseurs Club
Radisson Blu Waterfront Hotel, Jersey

http://www.radissonblu.co.uk/hotel-jersey

The BA board is having a do in Jersey on 27th April and most of us are staying at this hotel.

I was surprised there wasn't a thread for the hotel on here so I decided to start one

Please share any experiences or other tips and tricks regarding this hotel.

Any feedback would be most welcome.

If you are interested in joining us, please see this thread:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/briti...il-2013-a.html

Thanks!
Old Feb 15, 2013, 6:42 am

Programs: UA 1K, Bonvoy LTTE, HH Dia, HY Expl
Based on the title thread, I thought we were getting a Radisson Blu in New Jersey (USA) which could be another NYC option similar to the W Hotel in Hoboken.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 7:05 am

Programs: Amex platinum, LeClubAccor Plat, Club Carlson gold, Hilton HHonours Diamond
Stayed there for a couple of nights last year on a 2 4 1 deal. Managed to get an upgrade to a very nice two room (and two loo) suite overlooking the harbour. So first suggestion is to ask for one of those.

Breakfast is rather pricey. Lots of good cafes in St Helier.

In the bar, they serve a "chicetti" menu (Italian tapas) which are excellent and pretty good value.

The Radisson Blu is a bit out of the way, so a car might be handy if you are intent on seeing some of the island.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by christianj
Based on the title thread, I thought we were getting a Radisson Blu in New Jersey (USA) which could be another NYC option similar to the W Hotel in Hoboken.
No, this is the Original Jersey!!

Now you know where NJ got the name!

However, if you need a big TP Run … why not? We have at least one Canadian, and some other foreign folks.
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:30 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by PeterT1953
The Radisson Blu is a bit out of the way, so a car might be handy if you are intent on seeing some of the island.
I think the only bit of the island the "do" attendees are going to see is the taxi ride to/from the hotel and the walk to/from the local bar
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum, HH Diamond, Hertz PC,
Originally Posted by T8191
We have at least one Canadian, and some other foreign folks.
By "foreign" do you mean non-Island residents
Old Feb 15, 2013, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
No, just people from Europe and beyond. Frighteningly cosmopolitan here. My neighbour is Saffrican, the other side is Scottish. Poles and Madierans just down the lane. And a few FT-ers over here are from Merrica.
Old Oct 14, 2013, 3:00 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I visited Jersey at the weekend for the first time (TP run to retain Gold).
Stayed at the Radisson. I booked a room for 44k points and requested an e-upgrade to a junior suite for £46. This included breakfast too so I thought it was fair value, rather than hope for a gold upgrade.
Junior suite has 2nd toilet and a lounge, plus harbour view. Nice although colour scheme is a bit garish. Usual decent Radisson breakfast. It's about 10-15 minute walk to the town centre and about £15 taxi fare to the airport

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.