Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best Club Carlson option for Berlin

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2013, 11:21 am

Originally Posted by Shareholder
Any experience with the Art'otel properties in Berlin? I just booked the one in the K'dam and am curious what to expect, or not expect. Seems to be like the Aloft or Indigo brands.
One at Kudamm is by far the worst in my own rating. The only Artotel who didnt upgrade me at all as Gold, welcome letter included though 2 drink-vouchers. So just is that location is the best among others ParkPlaza properties in Berlin - rest is not so good and prices used to be the highest compared to other ParkPlaza properties on many occasions. Wallstreet both properties are much better but not as good in terms of location. PB is really cheap and really convenient for eastern part of the city regarding transport. Letzenburger str. is just strange.... Nothing bad with it, but I don't wanna return without a reason maybe.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:13 am

Programs: LH Sen, AF/KL gold, AB platinum, BA silver, HHonors diamond, SPG gold, ...
Originally Posted by vitrysk_kille
One at Kudamm is by far the worst in my own rating. The only Artotel who didnt upgrade me at all as Gold, welcome letter included though 2 drink-vouchers. So just is that location is the best among others ParkPlaza properties in Berlin - rest is not so good and prices used to be the highest compared to other ParkPlaza properties on many occasions. Wallstreet both properties are much better but not as good in terms of location. PB is really cheap and really convenient for eastern part of the city regarding transport. Letzenburger str. is just strange.... Nothing bad with it, but I don't wanna return without a reason maybe.
Same pale memory here. Artotel Letzeburgerstr. is not a hotel I will return to, not even with reason.
Have no experience with the other Artotels or ParkPlaza.
Radisson I find a bit overrated as far as the rooms and service are concerned, but certainly the nicest.
ParkInn Alexanderplatz is clean, with rather modern rooms. I found them a bit claustrophobic (who wants to shower next to the pillow?) and the lobby counters can be crowded by travel groups. But if you only need to sleep in it the location seems to be most suited for you and you can very often get very good rates there.
Old Feb 16, 2013, 3:25 am

for me all in all PP PB is clear winner. the only one convenient located for both airports (s bahn from SXF and txl+sbahn from TXL both within 30 min), 10 nd min to Alex 24/7 and easy access anywhere due to ring sbahn just outside. if suites are not booked so gold gives upgrade and stay is good...
Old May 15, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Family room?

Anyone have experience finding a family room (or one that can handle two kids) at CC or other chain properties in Berlin?
How strict is the 3-people-max rule at some of these properties? All the reservationists seem to think it is but i don't know if that's the reality in Germany.
Old May 15, 2013, 3:00 am

Programs: LH SEN, BA Gold, Bonvoy Plat, IHG Spire RA
Originally Posted by DesertRat
Anyone have experience finding a family room (or one that can handle two kids) at CC or other chain properties in Berlin?
How strict is the 3-people-max rule at some of these properties? All the reservationists seem to think it is but i don't know if that's the reality in Germany.
buy up to Ambassador, if you are not already and then book a junior suite for 102 EUR per night on the 2for1 rate the IC Berlin and you will be upgraded to a senior suite, which consists out of two rooms, which has a regular king size bed and another hidden king size bed
Old May 16, 2013, 12:30 pm

Programs: IC PLAT AMB, clubcarlson Concierge, Le Club Accor Gold
Originally Posted by DesertRat
right now park palza has a nice family promotion (rate code: familly)

http://www.parkplaza.com/family-holi...idays.20130502

Family Fun in the City - Affordable family room offers
Treat your family during your next city break with our great value family room package!

At Park Plaza® Hotels & Resorts, our guest rooms are designed with families in mind. Many of the hotels have pull-out sofa beds in the living area, a kitchenette, a separate TV in the living area and of course a TV in the parents’ bedroom.

Park Plaza’s Family Fun in the City package includes:

Accommodation for up to 2 adults and 2 children in a Superior Room, Studio Room, (Junior) Suite, Family Room or connected Superior Room
Parents' breakfast is included and Children eat breakfast for free
A complimentary Children’s Gift Bag*
Three Park Plaza Children’s vouchers per gift bag, which can be redeemed against selected food and drink items in the hotel
Children’s menus available to purchase in hotel restaurant (available in the UK)
Complimentary Children’s in-room movies (available in the UK and The Netherlands)

At all Park Plaza Hotels & Resorts, your children will be treated like VIPs. What’s more, Park Plaza County Hall was recently awarded “Best Family Friendly Hotel” at the HRS Hotel Excellence Awards.

Participating hotels:
Germany
Berlin Park Plaza Prenzlauer Berg Berlin
Park Plaza Wallstreet Berlin Mitte
Old May 23, 2013, 12:00 am

Programs: airberlin gold, club carlson gold, hhonors gold
ParkInn Alexanderplatz is clean, with rather modern rooms. I found them a bit claustrophobic (who wants to shower next to the pillow?) and the lobby counters can be crowded by travel groups. But if you only need to sleep in it the location seems to be most suited for you and you can very often get very good rates there.
seconding the alexanderplatz. got upgraded aswell upon request at check-in due to gold status.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Hey everyone, finally starting my four night stay at the Radisson Blu tomorrow. Couple of questions for you experts and local folks.

1. Landing at TXL around mid day. What's the best and easiest option for transportation? (Taxi?)

2. On a points stay. Any chance to receive an upgrade as a gold? Or, any side of the hotel better than the others?

3. Do I get free breakfast as a gold, or if not any easy casual places close by? Or even a grocery store option for fruit, yogurt, etc
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:25 pm

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
Hey everyone, finally starting my four night stay at the Radisson Blu tomorrow. Couple of questions for you experts and local folks.

1. Landing at TXL around mid day. What's the best and easiest option for transportation? (Taxi?)
Yes, taxi, don't bother with the bus. It will be less than 25 EUR to the Radisson Blu. If you want to take the bus, the TXL bus goes "directly" (but rather slowly) to Alexanderplatz for 2,60 EUR.

2. On a points stay. Any chance to receive an upgrade as a gold? Or, any side of the hotel better than the others?

3. Do I get free breakfast as a gold, or if not any easy casual places close by? Or even a grocery store option for fruit, yogurt, etc
There's plenty of places nearby for breakfast, several cafes right out the hotel door.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 12:58 pm

When we stayed on a 241 we didn't get a room upgrade, but were given a room with a fabulous view. When I enquired about an upgrade none was available, so instead they offered free breakfast. Given the choice the free breakfast would have been our preference anyway! We got the bus and it was absolutely fine, very easy and stops very close to the hotel.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 10:46 pm
Original Poster

Thanks for the input. I will proactively ask nicely and see if I can get the breakfast too.

On another note, has anyone purchased the 72 hour "welcome Berlin" card and is it worth it? We are planning to do all of the major tourist things while in town as it is our first visit to the city. Just bought the Copenhagen version this week and it was great getting us into most everything for free.
Old Aug 4, 2013, 11:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA Gold, UA Silver, CC Gold, SPG Gold
Always had limited luck with upgrades as gold in TXL
Old Aug 5, 2013, 2:33 am

Thanks for the input. I will proactively ask nicely and see if I can get the breakfast too.

On another note, has anyone purchased the 72 hour "welcome Berlin" card and is it worth it? We are planning to do all of the major tourist things while in town as it is our first visit to the city. Just bought the Copenhagen version this week and it was great getting us into most everything for free.
Can you please let us know how you did with the upgrade/breakfast? I will be there starting this thursday.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 7:11 am
Original Poster

No luck on either. My "standard" room is pretty nice however. I asked directly about breakfast and was turned down. Front desk clerk said I could spend 8K points per day for breakfast if I wanted it added. Hmmm.....not the best redemption of points at all, but my wife would probably like that.
Old Aug 5, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: UA 1K, Marriott LT Titanium, AA LT Gold, Radisson Gold, Hertz PC, HP Masters emeritus (sigh)
Berlin Welcome Card not nearly as good as CPH Card. It gives you some discounts around town (even the Radisson Blu restaurant, which isn't bad) but generally not a big deal. But is is good if you are planning a lot of transit rides: There's a tram that is steps away from the Radisson and connects to everything at Alexanderplatz, plus the 100 and 200 buses roll nearby. The 72 hour card has an option for Museum Island but beware -- it is ONLY for museum island museums.

The cafes near the hotel are pretty touristy and routine but there are some fun places nearby at Hackescher Markt. Near the hotel, Balzac is good for a Starbucks-style experience. There's also a supermarket up the street in a mall. We just bought stuff everyday, brought it back, and ate while watching the fish tank. We passed on the 25 EUR breakfast -- way too expensive IMO, even with a "Welcome Card" discount.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.