Radisson Blu-Mall of America

Old Dec 28, 2012, 12:30 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta Gold, UA Plat. Hyatt Diamond, Marriott Plat. Hilton Plat. US Airways, Starwood Gold, Avis Pres
Radisson Blu-Mall of America

Opens March 15, 2013.

Will be connected to Mall. It's going to be a great property.

If you're going to stay there, let me know....I am going to stay there in later March 2013....
Old Dec 28, 2012, 2:14 pm

Link: http://www.radissonblu.com/hotel-mall-of-america

Looks like a nice hotel, thanks for the heads up. I will have to check it out some point next year, I usually stay in the area and hop on the Light Rail to get downtown for a Twins game.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 2:27 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
This would be super convenient to use as an airport hotel too since the MOA has lots to do, including restaurants, and you could use the light rail line to/from MSP rather than waiting for the hotel shuttle.
Old Dec 28, 2012, 2:29 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by twoner32
Opens March 15, 2013.

Will be connected to Mall. It's going to be a great property.

If you're going to stay there, let me know....I am going to stay there in later March 2013....
I have seen the building and its location is very convenient for shopping and even a reasonable location to get to the light rail line that connects the airport with the MOA and downtown MSP. I am not sure why it isn't opening sooner as I haven't seen much if any construction around this property for some months now.

I like using the light rail line in MSP when flying in or out of there.
Old Jul 30, 2013, 2:49 pm

Programs: The Mac Daddy of Heimlich County (and low-ball status)
any reports? wife is staying here in a few months (I'm jealous).
Old Jul 30, 2013, 6:46 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mrredskin
any reports? wife is staying here in a few months (I'm jealous).
My wife and stayed on an Award stay a few weeks ago on a Friday and Saturday night. My status is gold and were were given a room on the 12th floor (out of 13 floors) which is one of the executive floors. The rooms are a ultra modern look - similar to an Aloft but bigger and nicer.

Our room was, I believe 1206. The elevators are not located anywhere close to the center of the hallways and we had to walk a very long way to our room. It isn't so bad once or twice a day but if you are going back and forth to the lounge and/or the pool or shopping, it can be a bit long. I would ask to be place somewhere near the elevators - I don't think noise would be an issue.

I would also recommend the "even" side of the hotel on an upper floor - you can see the downtown skylines of both Minneapolis and St. Paul as well as watch planes land and take-off. The windows are completely sound proof.

There is a lounge on the 13th floor offering complimentary soda and water all day. There is complimentary beer and wine along with light snacks available from 5-7 or 5-8 (I didn't pay much attention as we didn't stay long either night). There is complimentary continental breakfast in the AM. The lounge is very nice - many different types of seating arrangements.

The staff is extremely polite and attentive. The fitness area is about the largest and well stocked I've ever seen. The swimming pool and the seating area are subpar, in my opinion. No hot tub at all and the furniture is not very comfortable.

It is, of course, extremely convenient for shopping, eating, movie theater, etc. I have a load of Club Carlson points and we used 50,000 for 2 nights (bonus night because of the Club Carlson Visa). I would highly recommend this hotel.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 8:04 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Titanium, UA Silver, Hertz 5*
I am planning on staying here instead of the MSP FS Marriott. Do Club Carlson Golds get access to their Business Class lounge? If not, I'd likely reconsider.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 12:49 pm

Programs: Hhonors Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinum
Yes, as gold I was given a room on one of the executive floors on an Award stay. I don't know if that will always with gold status or not. Barring something unusual, I don't think that this hotel is operating anywhere near 100% as of yet so I would think you would have a good chance.
Old Sep 11, 2013, 2:20 pm

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
I was looking at their rates and noticed that for the same room category and the same dates, clicking through the Carlson website often gave higher rates than clicking on the hotel name and searching from the hotel's own websitein blue and black with the dramatic picture of the building. This was true for different rate types, including best available rates. There were also some differences in higher category rooms, such as business rooms, being offered as available for special rate types only on the hotel's own site. Be careful!
Old Sep 13, 2013, 3:39 pm

August 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights starting Friday on the F&F rate. No upgrades (hotel was actually quite busy based on the parking lot and people about) but the room was nice. While convenient to the airport by train or shuttle, we wanted to have a car and obtained one for our entire stay for under $50. Parking was free - I didn't think about this initially as it is at the Mall but the Mall doesn't allow over night parking so something to remember, but again parking was free you just had to ask the concierge for slips to use in the machine to pay otherwise it would have been about $20 for over night, and free for short stays like say under 2 hours. While lots of mostly chain restaurants in the Mall, we used the car and enjoyed Lola's Pizza (BYO, 15 in drive) and Pig Ate My Pizza (25 min drive) and went to Al's for breakfast (20 min).
Old Sep 13, 2013, 4:04 pm

Originally Posted by eyeam2cool4u
Stayed here for 3 nights starting Friday on the F&F rate. No upgrades (hotel was actually quite busy based on the parking lot and people about) but the room was nice. While convenient to the airport by train or shuttle, we wanted to have a car and obtained one for our entire stay for under $50. Parking was free - I didn't think about this initially as it is at the Mall but the Mall doesn't allow over night parking so something to remember, but again parking was free you just had to ask the concierge for slips to use in the machine to pay otherwise it would have been about $20 for over night, and free for short stays like say under 2 hours. While lots of mostly chain restaurants in the Mall, we used the car and enjoyed Lola's Pizza (BYO, 15 in drive) and Pig Ate My Pizza (25 min drive) and went to Al's for breakfast (20 min).
Are you Carlson Gold, and still didnt get an upgrading using the F&F rate? I have a trip coming up to stay here, and was wondering if with Gold Status and F&F if I can expect an upgrade.
Old Sep 13, 2013, 6:13 pm

Hi, I stayed here last week. I am club Carlson gold and they upgraded me to the executive floor. Very nice lounge.
Old Sep 14, 2013, 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by daw4888
Are you Carlson Gold, and still didnt get an upgrading using the F&F rate? I have a trip coming up to stay here, and was wondering if with Gold Status and F&F if I can expect an upgrade.
I am not gold anymore, just silver, but I have been lucky with upgrades on week-end stays using F&F. If you are Gold much more likely, but as I said the regular rooms were fine but the lounge would be nice. I did note that no paid e-upgrades were even offered when I booked so not sure if this property doesn't offer e-upgrades or if it was too full. The F&F rate wasn't available for my stay until about 2 weeks before.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:03 pm

I had understood the hotel to tell me that they do not have an airport shuttle but I saw a bright blue bus labeled for the Radisson Blu Mall of America at the airport a few days ago.

They do seem to charge (a lot) for parking, although one could presumably park for free in the Mall of America ramps. I've never noticed signs saying no overnight parking.
Old Sep 16, 2014, 7:31 pm

Originally Posted by MSPeconomist
They do seem to charge (a lot) for parking, although one could presumably park for free in the Mall of America ramps. I've never noticed signs saying no overnight parking.
Very bad advice. It took about 20 seconds to search and find the following information posted on the Mall of America website:

"There is no overnight parking at Mall of America which includes the parking area north of Lindau Lane and south of American Boulevard."

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.