Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Club Carlson Instant Gold Upgrade

Search this Thread

Old Dec 13, 2012, 11:46 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Club Carlson Instant Gold Upgrade

Jet Airways (India) is offering it's Platinum and Gold members a direct status match to Club Carlson Gold Elite.

Valid only for new accounts.

I'm pretty sure the promo code will work for non-JP members too.

Here is the link and promo code if anybody wants to give it a shot.

http://www.clubcarlson.com/privatePa...de=GOLDUPGRADE
Old Dec 14, 2012, 6:54 am

I tried it. It didn't work. I just got Red(scratch) tier from that. Would you check?
Old Dec 14, 2012, 7:00 am

Originally Posted by myzenith
I tried it. It didn't work. I just got Red(scratch) tier from that. Would you check?
Same here.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 8:09 am

Programs: HiltonH-Diamond, IHG-Plat, Hyatt-Diamond,SPG-newbie
no go here either
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:39 am

It's only for Jet Airways elite members. I hope it doesn't work. CC is already stingy with upgrades, we don't need more people getting status for free.
Old Dec 14, 2012, 10:04 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by Campath
It's only for Jet Airways elite members. I hope it doesn't work. CC is already stingy with upgrades, we don't need more people getting status for free.
Yup.. I guess they've internally matched the JP database with the CC database. Seemed like it should have worked with a promo code.

FYI, Jet Blue Plus and Silver members can directly status match to Carlson Silver as well.
Old Dec 15, 2012, 2:08 pm
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
Originally Posted by Anish
Yup.. I guess they've internally matched the JP database with the CC database. Seemed like it should have worked with a promo code.

FYI, Jet Blue Plus and Silver members can directly status match to Carlson Silver as well.
Your post starting this thread is more accurate than this most recent post of yours .... unless and until they do a batch query to catch what has taken place already.

Thanks for starting this thread. I appreciate it.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
The instant Gold upgrade is back (likely for very limited time). I wrote a piece about it that you can access here.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 5:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by holtju2
The instant Gold upgrade is back (likely for very limited time). I wrote a piece about it that you can access here.
Received your detailed email headsup this morning. Followed your instructions. Worked exactly as represented. Looking forward to using my Gold benefits with 2 upcoming stays @ Rezidor properties in London and Berlin.

YGPM.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Thank you. We signed my wife up for a (new) account.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 8:54 am

Programs: HH Gold, CC Gold, Accor Plat, BW Diamond
Worked for me for the spouse. Thanks!!
Old Mar 10, 2013, 10:30 am

that's really awesome. i figure hotels will be more likely to give the wife and i better upgrades if we're both elites.
Old Mar 10, 2013, 6:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by maurys
that's really awesome. i figure hotels will be more likely to give the wife and i better upgrades if we're both elites.
I don't believe your theory will have any basis in reality but unfortunately it will be very hard to gather info on it.
Old Mar 11, 2013, 5:20 am

Programs: UA 1MM, AA Plat, Marriott LT Titanium, Hyatt Glob, IHG ♢ Amb, Hilton ♢, Hertz Pres
Doesn't work. Keep getting an error message "unexpected error". And it's now Monday morning here (not Sunday). I wonder if the offer has been pulled?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.