Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any recent Radisson Blu Stockholm experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any recent Radisson Blu Stockholm experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 3, 2016, 9:12 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
checked in last night at the strand hotel. We were upgraded to a deluxe corner suite. There is a round shaped living room. Quite nice. The room is imperfect but beautiful in it's own way.
Old Sep 8, 2016, 1:56 pm

Programs: Free Agent
Recent experience at Strand

1 night using CC e-cert and Gold status. Standard room booked. Arrived around 4:30pm, no upgrade available but renovated standard room given. Reasonable since the hotel really was close to sold out that night, although I saw a couple of Superior rooms available on the website a few hours earlier. First floor and view was terrible (inner building fixtures), but the renovated room really has a lot better furnishings and bathroom than the non-renovated.

A pair of macaroons in the room as Gold welcome gift. Breakfast not included on stay as per the rate details, but a discounted offer for SEK 170 (~USD20) pp was available. Nice breakfast spread.

It is a significantly better location for a casual visitor than the Waterfront/Viking, short walks to Gamla Stan and Djurgarden (vasa & nordic museums, etc), and much more pleasant scenery and real waterfront. With a renovated room or better, and a few days in town, I would certainly pick it over the other 2 CC properties. It's only a short one stop Metro ride from Stockholm Central and right around the corner from the Kungsgarden metro exit.

Last edited by jigri2003; Sep 8, 2016 at 2:10 pm
Old Sep 19, 2016, 11:02 am

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
Originally Posted by jigri2003
A pair of macaroons in the room as Gold welcome gift. Breakfast not included on stay as per the rate details, but a discounted offer for SEK 170 (~USD20) pp was available. Nice breakfast spread.

It is a significantly better location for a casual visitor than the Waterfront/Viking, short walks to Gamla Stan and Djurgarden (vasa & nordic museums, etc), and much more pleasant scenery and real waterfront. With a renovated room or better, and a few days in town, I would certainly pick it over the other 2 CC properties. It's only a short one stop Metro ride from Stockholm Central and right around the corner from the Kungsgarden metro exit.
+1 about the location.

I got really lucky with the suite upgrade as I was staying over the weekend.

This hotel is over 100 years old. They have tried to maintain it and will be doing another renovation next year. But with an old building like that you are bound to have some imperfections. The heating system didn't work. But the hotel staff promptly brought us an electric heater. The rooms are not cookie cutter and definitely have interesting furniture. Much better than your bland room in a chain hotel.

The location is great for tourists. One music venue is next door and the royal opera house is just across the street. You can take a tram, boat or hop on hop off bus just outside the hotel. There are amazing designer stores (like svenkt tenn) nearby. The street opposite the hotel is some of the most expensive real estate in Stockholm and has many beautiful buildings. It's a short walk to the royal palace, gamla stan and the parliament building.

The breakfast was very impressive. The tables and silverware are very classy and the ambience is perfect. You can have made to order french toast or omelette.

I can't comment about the other two Radissons but this was a great location as a tourist in Stockholm.
Old Apr 4, 2017, 2:42 pm

Programs: HH Nobody, AF FB Platinum, SIXT Diamond, Hertz PC, Bonvoy Ambassador
Hello,

I hope this is the good thread. I was wondering if you already had experiences with a child while staying at the waterfront Stockholm?

thanks.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.