Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

Any recent Radisson Blu Stockholm experiences?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Any recent Radisson Blu Stockholm experiences?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7, 2013, 3:13 am

Programs: Turkish Elite, AA Platinum, Royal Orchid Plus Silver
Strand

We just stayed at the Strand for three nights and got a room for my daughter and her bf for the same time. We were very fortunate getting the rooms for half gold points (one of the participating hotels in Europe). Small rooms but otherwise, lovely. Unlike the hotels around the station, you get to imbibe the real older Stockholm. All the hotels are very central. The Strand is only one subway stop from the central station, and very convenient. The service was great too....and all for 25K Gold Points a night.
PS...we stayed at the Radisson Blu in Malmö for 22,000 including a mammoth breakfast! I'm loving it!
Old Jan 7, 2013, 11:28 am
Original Poster

Programs: MR Plat Premier, IHG Spire, Hilton Diamond, Southwest CP
Originally Posted by larrythai
We just stayed at the Strand for three nights and got a room for my daughter and her bf for the same time. We were very fortunate getting the rooms for half gold points (one of the participating hotels in Europe). Small rooms but otherwise, lovely. Unlike the hotels around the station, you get to imbibe the real older Stockholm. All the hotels are very central. The Strand is only one subway stop from the central station, and very convenient. The service was great too....and all for 25K Gold Points a night.
PS...we stayed at the Radisson Blu in Malmö for 22,000 including a mammoth breakfast! I'm loving it!
Thanks for the update. So, in your opinion the Strand gets you more in the old-school area of Stockholm, versus by the station?

How funny, it seems as if you are an intinerary close to that I will be doing this coming summer. I am going to visit Copenhagen too and will be staying at the Renaissance Malmo. Glad to year your trip went well.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 4:16 pm
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
although the rates in Malmo are certainly less then in Copenhagen itself, the transit time is not always worth the savings.........to enjoy the evening in Tivoli and then trying to return to Malmo is just a pain.........

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
I am going to visit Copenhagen too and will be staying at the Renaissance Malmo.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 7:47 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by BKKLEE
although the rates in Malmo are certainly less then in Copenhagen itself, the transit time is not always worth the savings.........to enjoy the evening in Tivoli and then trying to return to Malmo is just a pain.........
I hear you, but using the Cat 1-4 certificates from Marriott outside of the US to maximize their value certainly helps lessen the pain of transit.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 3:05 am
Suspended

Programs: Marriott - P; HH - G; Hyatt - P; Avis - LT First
got ya.....I'll be staying there too on night of 22 June as our train from Stockholm gets in kinda late so would rather get some sleep before heading one-way across the bridge the next morning for a 3-nighter in COP.........

Originally Posted by arizonawildcat
I hear you, but using the Cat 1-4 certificates from Marriott outside of the US to maximize their value certainly helps lessen the pain of transit.
Old Dec 1, 2013, 7:29 am

Programs: Several here and there, but not as many during my road warrior days!
Just completed a 3 night stay a the Strand. This hotel is just horrible. The room was small, the ventilation was noisy and filthy. The area rug was dirty and the fringe was warn off. When we checked in we were immediately told no upgrades were available, and we are gold. But, when I looked online I found that to be untrue. The rooms are noisy, the hallway carpeting was stained.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 5:14 am
Original Poster

Hi sonomawine, sorry to hear about your experience. We ended up staying at the Waterfront this past summer and had an incredible time. It was very convenient (adjacent to the central train station) and a nice new business hotel. Breakfast was provided each day and had a good variety and selection.

We pretty much just walked everywhere in the city and seemed to be maybe 20 minutes or so from everything we wanted to do. I walked past the Royal Viking a few times and even stopped in the lobby once to take a look. It was definitely older and a little darker and next to a busy commercial area. I am very glad I chose the Waterfront as it worked out for what we needed on this trip.
Old Apr 3, 2014, 8:53 pm

Programs: VA plat EY G+ RA Hyatt Diamond
I was hoping to stay at the Strand but with only one day in Stockholm thought it easier to stay at the Waterfront.
looks like it is a good move.
Old Apr 9, 2014, 7:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold-MM, AA Gold-MM, F9-Silver, Hyatt Something, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Stayed Waterfront a couple weeks ago on points. Got a welcome amenity (fruit plate) and a room with waterfront view.

It's a nice hotel. Breakfast is awesome, though very busy since everyone at the hotel gets it included.

A friend stayed at the Viking and Waterfront recently, both on points. Said they were told no breakfast at Viking because of the points stay.
Old Apr 10, 2014, 1:27 pm

Programs: AY, SK, TK
Waterfront is new and modern, even if someone might say it is boring as it is a popular congress hotel. But it is nice and well located just 100m further central station.

Viking is AT central station but it is older and cheaper. Risk of hit/miss is high though, since some of the rooms and superiors are not renovated and they are REALLY DULL, so make sure you will be getting a renovated room (even standard) then it is OK.
Old May 23, 2014, 3:36 pm

Currently staying at the Viking, 2 nights for 50K points thanks to CC card.

Got here early this morning, 930am. No rooms available and they couldn't tell me what time one would be available other than "guaranteed by 3pm but check within 1-2 hours". So I stored my bags and went out planning on coming back in about 2 hours but ended up getting back at 230pm.

I was given a business class room which includes free breakfast, free wifi, and free premium tv channels. Room is small but nice only problem is that it's too hot for me even though AC is set to coldest possible. I haven't complained about it because I don't want to change rooms plus it's possible that their AC is weak although it is cooler even in the hallway as you exit the room so might mention it tomorrow. One other issue was that about 10 minutes after I got to my room someone from staff that was sent to bring up my welcome fruit platter just unlocked and opened my door without knocking. Never had that happen before and was really annoyed. Obviously should have been using the chain lock.
Old Feb 24, 2015, 4:33 am

Programs: Hyatt Glb, MR Plat
Originally Posted by hobo13
Stayed Waterfront a couple weeks ago on points. Got a welcome amenity (fruit plate) and a room with waterfront view.

It's a nice hotel. Breakfast is awesome, though very busy since everyone at the hotel gets it included.

A friend stayed at the Viking and Waterfront recently, both on points. Said they were told no breakfast at Viking because of the points stay.
Are you sure everyone at the hotel gets breakfast? I don't see it listed on the standard room benefits, only the premium room. Was yours a paid rate?
Old May 28, 2015, 7:02 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
planning a stay for 4 nights at Strand using 241 rates. I have booked a business class room as that allows 2 adults and a child. Rooms at the waterfront don't allow 3 people. I will try to get a NOR1 upgrade.

Breakfast is included in business class room, which is worth a lot to me. I've heard Stockholm is freaking expensive!
Old May 29, 2015, 4:27 am

Originally Posted by mintcilantro
Breakfast is included in business class room, which is worth a lot to me. I've heard Stockholm is freaking expensive!
True, like all Nordic capitals (as long as you don't know where to get good and cheap food)
Old Feb 13, 2016, 5:29 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
some high quality pictures on this website.

http://www.oyster.com/stockholm/hote...y--v889740-14/

they don't have pics of business class room, which is what I have booked.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.