Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Hotels and Places to Stay > Radisson International | Radisson Rewards
Reload this Page >

AVIS: 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day rental thru 31 Dec 2013

Old Oct 24, 2012, 8:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG

New offer of 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day or more rental good through end of 2013:

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_cc9000
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:06 am

Programs: LH Silver, Sixt Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Carlsoon Gold
only US - Canada

Originally Posted by mile ho
New offer of 7500 CC Goldpoints for 3 day or more rental good through end of 2013:

http://www.avis.com/car-rental/html/...vis.com_cc9000
Not valid in a European country.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 3:37 am

Programs: UA 2MM, DL 500k, AA 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Marek_Limanowa
Not valid in a European country.
Exerpt from the t&c:

Offer valid on a qualifying rental of three or more consecutive days at participating Avis locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Perhaps it won't go "live" anywhere - e.g., not bookable - until the present promo expires? I haven't tried it.

BTW, seems a strange number. It and multiples don't fit well with redemption rates. Someone must have plotted a curve, and this looked good, if not very aspirational.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 9:13 am
Original Poster

Programs: WN A+, AA, HYATT DIAMOND, SPG
Originally Posted by Firewind
Exerpt from the t&c:

Perhaps it won't go "live" anywhere - e.g., not bookable - until the present promo expires? I haven't tried it.

BTW, seems a strange number. It and multiples don't fit well with redemption rates. Someone must have plotted a curve, and this looked good, if not very aspirational.
Had no problem booking a domestic just now. Some European countries have blackout dates where coupons cannot be used. Ran into that in July in France.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 1:32 pm

Programs: LH Silver, Sixt Hertz Gold, SPG Gold, Carlsoon Gold
Originally Posted by mile ho
Had no problem booking a domestic just now. Some European countries have blackout dates where coupons cannot be used. Ran into that in July in France.
Chat with Avis

21:20:28Bryan:Marek, you will receive points, but you won't receive the bonus 6000 from coupon MUHA018.

21:22:35Bryan:Valid at corporate/participating licensees in the U.S. (excluding Hawaii), Canada and Puerto Rico.

21:26:30Bryan:The discount AWD number is valid everywhere up to 25% off the base rate, but the bonus points is only in the U.S.
Old Oct 28, 2012, 7:22 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Then they should write it down in the T&C that it don't work in Europe!
Old Nov 5, 2012, 1:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Most
Chat with Avis

21:20:28Bryan:Marek, you will receive points, but you won't receive the bonus 6000 from coupon MUHA018.

21:22:35Bryan:Valid at corporate/participating licensees in the U.S. (excluding Hawaii), Canada and Puerto Rico.

21:26:30Bryan:The discount AWD number is valid everywhere up to 25% off the base rate, but the bonus points is only in the U.S.
Very difficult for m to believe that Bryan would have been giving correct advise as it is clearly written on their copy that:

Now through December 31, 2013, Club Carlson members can earn 7,500 total Gold Points on qualifying rentals of 3 days or more at participating locations in the U.S., Canada, Mexico, Latin America and the Caribbean, Australia, New Zealand, Europe, Africa, Asia and the Middle East.
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I did a 3 day rental in England.

I received the initial 750 points for the rental but an email to CC Customer Service produced a strange reply :

"...Thank you for taking the time to write.

Per the terms and conditions of our partnership with Avis, we must allow
them 4 to 6 weeks after returning your rental vehicle to post points for
reservations. When looking for retro credit, please contact Avis at
800-352-7900 for the appropriate credit.
Should you still not see these points after 6 weeks, we are always happy
to review and post credit manually. Please make sure you have a copy of
your rental agreement for our processes. If you have any further
questions or concerns regarding this, please feel free to reply to this
email or contact Club Carlson Member Services at 1-888-288-8889.

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to assist you.
So its still AVIS' fault for making sure their promos post properly..?
Old Nov 14, 2012, 5:50 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Chat with Avis

Not even that!

I just tried it for a reservation at SJU (San Juan, Puerto Rico) in December, and avis.com tells me:
This station does not participate. Valid at corporate/participating licensees in US and Canada.
Old Mar 7, 2013, 8:00 am

Programs: BA GGL IHG PlatAMB HH Dia
Can someone tell if they credit the bonus points manually if the booking page shows that the station does not participate?
Old Mar 8, 2013, 2:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Some of this 'n some of that
Originally Posted by denkigroove
Can someone tell if they credit the bonus points manually if the booking page shows that the station does not participate?

If the station does not participate then I don't think you'll be getting any bonus points. I'd wonder about getting any points for that matter.
Old Apr 9, 2013, 4:46 am

Programs: Miles and More
Just wanted to confirm that no bonus points were credited for my recent rental in Spain, only base points. I checked my confirmation email from last year`s promo (got 9K that time) and coupon number was registered there, but not in the last email for this year rental. Tried a few locations in Europe and it always says "location does not participate". So if you are going to rent with Avis - credit your points somewhere else.
Old Jun 1, 2013, 6:22 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium -> United Silver
I successfully used this promo to book a car in Los Angeles and received confirmation at the time of booking that it was valid. Does anyone know how long after the rental the points will post?
Old Jun 3, 2013, 11:17 pm

Programs: A loyal Amerisuites customer... oh wait
Originally Posted by DallasEsq
I successfully used this promo to book a car in Los Angeles and received confirmation at the time of booking that it was valid. Does anyone know how long after the rental the points will post?

Points from car rental companies to other partners can take a very, very, very long time to post. I suggest you phone Avis and confirm whether they have sent the points on to Club Carlson.
Old Jun 4, 2013, 4:46 pm
rtb

Why does Avis charge extra when you say you're a rewards member? Charged me more when I used both Rapid Rewards and Club Carlson. They charge a "frequent travel program" fee

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.